Shuley

Spinning a rib roast.

2 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

That roast looks soooooo delicious, I could almost taste it. Plated dinner looked divine. :) :smt023:smt023

Thank you!  It was pretty good. I'll probably be the one volunteering for Christmas dinner so I wanted to figure out how spinning compared to reverse searing. 

29 minutes ago, Tyrus said:

Now that's pretty. All the right fixins. Nothing I can see wrong with that roast. Maybe Santa will bring me a rotisserie for Xmas

I enjoy the rotisserie, but I don't find it to be the be all end all of cooking. I mostly prefer regular grilling, but it's nice to have a rotisserie when the mood strikes. 

18 hours ago, Shuley said:

I enjoy the rotisserie, but I don't find it to be the be all end all of cooking. I mostly prefer regular grilling, but it's nice to have a rotisserie when the mood strikes. 

I think it would be great for Huli Huli Chicken, easy to apply the sauce. Guys like power tools, one more for the tool box.

1 hour ago, tquando said:

Beautiful roast - well done and sure it was tasty!  I had a similar roast roti experience recently with the meat a bit overdone and the crust lacking the extreme sear.  An interesting set up for your grill - was that using 1/2 basket of charcoal and 1/2 deflector?

It was just the charcoal splitter. It may have looked odd because I also had a smoke pot balanced on the coals and turned so the roast wouldn't hit the handle!

On 10/11/2017 at 11:02 PM, Shuley said:

It was just the charcoal splitter. It may have looked odd because I also had a smoke pot balanced on the coals and turned so the roast wouldn't hit the handle!

Perhaps a dumb question, but how did you get the charcoal basket to fit with the basket splitter going left to right? With my 23", the basket doesn't fit that way into the firebox.  The basket is 1/2" wider in that direction so doesn't completely seat itself down on the ledge.  If that makes sense.