MacKenzie

La Chamba Portabella Stew

This was my first use of my new clay pot and chose this vegetarian stew recipe because I love mushrooms. :)

Last night did a little seasoning of the new pot with onions and garlic.

Casserole.thumb.jpg.1927e0485a85e6d90ca848c4a87379f7.jpg

Today it was onto the cook. Unfortunately I needed 3T  of tomato paste and there was none to be found in the kitchen. I added 1T Harissa and a little tomato sauce.

I should have only added 1/2 T Harissa. :) :shock:

Here it is on the KK @ 290F for several hours until the carrots and potatoes were cooked.

Stewing.thumb.jpg.a526fa8f0ce495f469db8e18152f7c44.jpg

It is done.

59e675746a80d_PortabellaStewCooked.thumb.jpg.8aebe6894fb0f6491f39495873b07727.jpg

Stew.thumb.jpg.378a82b00245fb2feb837e38adbfbe18.jpg

Served. :) 

Dinner.thumb.jpg.e22fda6a1ec26bc9d29abebb632a1f4e.jpg

• Like 5

Your going to live a zillion years if you keep eating those beautifully prepared meals. It looks delish. Did you pick the mushrooms yourself?  The reason I ask is when I was young my grandmother took us out to the woods to pick, we came back with baskets of different varieties. We dried them also for later use. Kudos to you if you did

• Like 1

Tyrus, you bought back some of my most favourite childhood memories. Thanks a million for that. :love3: I did not pick these, which I could have had that fun. When we were young my parents and sometimes my grandparents would go mushroom picking. I absolutely loved it, couldn't wait to get home and have those gems fried up and I'd always make a fried mushroom sandwich. Awesome stuff. :love3::love3::love3:

• Like 1