ckreef

Surprise Brunch Road Trip

Decided to grab my son from college and take him and Mrs skreef on a surprise Brunch Road Trip. Drove up to Atlanta for Chinese Dim Sum. Even in the parking lot they still didn't know what we were going for.  I just told them, "Keep an open mind and don't ask questions, you might not want to know the answer!" - LOL 

Back in my early 20's me and my friends use to do Dim Sum a couple of times a month. Mrs skreef and Hawke never had Dim Sum before so I thought it would be an interesting adventure for them. Went to the Oriental Pearl restaurant. The Dim Sum was good. Mrs skreef and Hawke got to try a bunch of different dishes. A good time was had by all and we left stuffed. 

If you've never eaten a true Dim Sum brunch search one out. It's a fun way to explore the different side of Chinese food. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tony b said:

I'm a huge fan of Dim Sum, but no one around here does it. :smt022

Now for the $64, 000 question - did they try the BBQ chicken's feet?? The true test of eating Dim Sum! 

Nobody around me does it either. I had to drive 2 hours one way for this adventure but so worth it. 

They didn't sent the chicken feet around or I would have grabbed a plate. I've eaten them once before. My son might have been game but I doubt Mrs skreef would have. 

32 minutes ago, tony b said:

Not much to them. You basically just sucked the skin and sauce off the bones. Not hardly any meat, just cartilage. 

Every once in a while the local Piggly Wiggly has chicken feet. Makes me want to buy some and go for crispy chicken feet drizzled with BBQ sauce - LOL