MacKenzie

Beef Tenderloin Dinner

It has been a long time since I've used the sous vide circulator to cook dinner but we had a huge nor'easter blow thru today so it was perfect for a SV dinner.

Double baked potato in the air-fryer, creamed the potato with mascarpone leftover from the carrot onion pizza.

Used the dripping from the mushroom cook, some white wine, espresso balsamic vinegar an rice flour to make the sauce.

59f7ae715ed15_BeefTenerloinDinner.thumb.jpg.c08fe6765976d7575959708168f1375b.jpg

59f7ae786cf40_SVSteak.thumb.jpg.3c1e4b5ea9da82fdeea9272858e0b18f.jpg

I still have tomatoes, peppers and cukes fresh from my garden to make a salad.

59f7ae75d3376_FreshVeggies.thumb.jpg.45d0c4a5d88b8627cbcde13e8d9dccca.jpg

• Like 2

They say the sous vide prep makes a steak just like that, perfect, and that's what your photo represents. Really nice job. My brother has been doing this type of cooking for a few years but, I'm reluctant to enter the field. Seems to me that anything going to long at such a low temp for a long period of time will be forgotten. It's not like set it and forget it, it's more like set it and remember it  Anyhow,  it musta been tasty, and by the way I was pickin up branches and raking leaves for 3 hours after that storm.

They say the sous vide prep makes a steak just like that, perfect, and that's what your photo represents. Really nice job. My brother has been doing this type of cooking for a few years but, I'm reluctant to enter the field. Seems to me that anything going to long at such a low temp for a long period of time will be forgotten. It's not like set it and forget it, it's more like set it and remember it  Anyhow,  it musta been tasty, and by the way I was pickin up branches and raking leaves for 3 hours after that storm.
Thanks,Tyrus. I haven't forgotten it yet but I tell you what is nice is when the veggies aren't ready you can just keep the SV running. You don't have to worry about the meat overlooking while the veggies catch up..
  • Like 1

Yeah, what MacKenzie said! Sous Vide for most things is very, very forgiving on the time. Most recommended charts for time/temp give a fairly wide range of times. Yes, eventually, you begin to affect the texture, but that's usually after several hours beyond the recommended ranges.