Dirtman

Phoenix, AZ Users?

Hi all.  I'm a newbie lurker.  Been watching several Forums and have garnered lots of info.  Thanks to all.

I'm trying to learn how to navigate the forums so please forgive me if I make some blunders.

Before I "pull the trigger" I am curious as to what the benefit is of the cold smoker equipment.  Doesn't the standard equipment keep the temp around 225 easily for several hours?

I would like to find a KK user in the Phoenix area that would be willing to talk to me or show me his KK.

Thanks,

Happy to meet you all. 

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 1:29 PM, tony b said:

Or melting the cheese, or scorching the nuts, or whatever else you'd like to smoke. That's the primary reason that I got one - no heat smoking. 

I'll take melted cheese over scorched nuts any day!

• Like 3

Happened to check Craig's List yesterday.  To my surprise a 23 Ultimate was for sale, and only 2 miles from me.  Called the owner & got the bad news that it had sold Sunday!  Was asking $3,200. Had both side tables.  It sold for $2,700 the seller said.  I just want to taste some chicken cooked on the KK.  You all say it is soo moist.  Just thought some might want to know this info.

• Like 1

Happened to check Craig's List yesterday.  To my surprise a 23 Ultimate was for sale, and only 2 miles from me.  Called the owner & got the bad news that it had sold Sunday!  Was asking $3,200. Had both side tables.  It sold for $2,700 the seller said.  I just want to taste some chicken cooked on the KK.  You all say it is soo moist.  Just thought some might want to know this info.
Bugger they very rarley come up for sale and when they do they get taken real quick. And you are spot on the most juicest chook I've ever had either way you cook one road kill /spatchcock lol looks like it got run over or on the rotisserie. Speaking of the rotisserie that's a great accessorie to get

Outback kamado Bar and Grill