Wolfgang

New KK owner in Seoul

Hi all, I am a German guy, living in Seoul.

Just received my new 23" Ultimate here in Korea. It's a great grill and I already love it.

Before I had a Monolith - Le Chef. Also good, but not so good as the KK.

One question: How to geht the ash out of that Beauty? There is the rear door for the gas burner, but it does not look like that's the right one.

Please, let me kbnow how you guys are doing that.

Thanks and best regards from Seoul,

Wolfgang

Congratulations on your new kamado!   The front draft door can be removed and then just scrape them into a pan or bucket.   It is designed to be a little tight to prevent unwanted airflow into the charcoal basket, so it takes a little bit of wiggling back and forth to remove.    I take the simple route and just remove the charcoal basket and suck them out with the shop vac when I’m sure they are cool.  

Welcome to the forum.   Lots of great people here, but you’ll learn quickly that everyone loves pics!

Nothing fancy here, just slip an unopened plastic 33 gallon lawn bag under the front legs below the draft door opening (like a drop cloth).

Remove draft door form the outside, the screen from the inside and brush the ash out onto the bag.

Dump said bag into trash, fold plastic bag for next time.