Rojack

Thoughts to consider

It is easy to forget that a lot of competitors cookers are 18 or 18 1/2 inches while the KK is 22 inches. For those that do offer a bigger size it also increases the price and add to that that most people want a table or cradle to hold it that is an added expense unless you choose to build your own. You don!t need to buy a table or cradle for the KK.

When I brought my wife out to show her what these cokers are like I could only show her a competitors model but at least it gives her an idea. It was a large kamado with a spring hinge but the first couple inches it had some heft until the spring took over and for a small person it is awkward to lift the cover all the way up too. I would imagine the manual hinges offered by some would be very difficult for a small person to operate. Another thing is that those types of cookers it is my understanding if you bump the top it could slam shut. The KK has the self opening hinge that holds it open and also clicks and locks it closed.

Most of these types of cookers can be very fragile if hit or bumped but when I inquired about the Volcanic Texture Dennis mentioned he took a full swing with a pipe and only put a very small crease in it.