Fetzervalve

Gifting the Butt

Fetzervalve, I'd say it depends on the length of time between the time you Kook the butt and the time you give it away.

How do you plan on packaging it? Do you have a food saver?

I'd say if it's a couple days fresh, keep it in the refer and give it away that way. Let them decide if they want to freeze it.

As far as pulling or just a hunk. Maybe a little of each. A hunk would certainly look good.

How long does kooked butt last in the refer? My wife tosses it after a week, but I don't know if at a week it's bad or she's just being cautious.

You can freeze mine though and send it with dry ice. Pull some, but leave a hunk; I like seeing the bark. You're awesome Dude. :lol:

Re: Speaking of dry ice..

and send it with dry ice.

anyone know a good place to buy it and how to pack it so the post office doesn't have a cow? How many days will it last? Is FedEx necessary? Inquiring minds wanta know!

Our local Walmart sells dry ice. When I receive orders from Igourmet.com, they ship their orders in an insulated box with dry ice and/or reusable freeze packs (depending on season) and they are good for a couple of days (2 day Fedex). However, I would be a lot more leery of pork that arrived a little warm than cheese, so toss in a little extra dry ice and you should be OK on a Fedex 2 day express.

-=Jasen=-