MacKenzie

Winter Prep

We are very likely to get snow in the next few days or so. I thought while the sun is out I'd better finish the preparations.

First thing I did was get "Little Barbie" out. The first winter I had the ODK we had a huge storm in Nov. That sent me to the store as soon as the roads opened up to get something to clear the deck off. I had done my research and knew what I wanted. As I came to the counter along with a whole bunch of guys buying their big gas snow blowers I could see the smiles as they looked at my selection.No matter, undeterred I paid and headed home. Since then we have had several blizzards and never once has Little Barbie let me down. Now I'm the one with the big smile. That thing can throw snow.:smt060

5a29c2444e10b_WinterPrep1.thumb.jpg.1f3dbeedf6d068d988262babbff9c5de.jpg

Next thing is to get the Sunbrella shades up to keep the snow off everything.

5a29c246d922b_WinterPrep2.thumb.jpg.9c61979e3f5ee7f22a0414a5101a3756.jpg

It is easy to get at both KKs when needed.

5a29c2496a89f_WinterPrep3.thumb.jpg.9f70805881689dbac2277832b41b3e2d.jpg

Let it snow, let it snow. :) 

• Like 3

Beat ya to the punch, MacKenzie. We had a very light dusting here last night. At first this morning I thought we'd just had a heavy frost, but looking closer, it was snow. None in the yard or driveway, but on the roof, deck and on the truck parked in the driveway. And the high today was 28F. Yeah, winter's here! Didn't stop me from firing up the KK for dinner tonight - a nice pork steak. Sorry, no pics, wasn't in the mood to drag out the camera. 

• Like 1

Aussie Ora's sign will be on it's way tomorrow. 

In my job, we ship product everywhere but I never have shipped anything to Australia before.....should be interesting.

PS - 5698K/Robert........will have to look and see what happened to the 2nd sign/placard that came with my cooker 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bruce Pearson said:

What a nice thing to do Jon! Those signs look neat. I wonder how many KK owners have hung up those signs be interesting to see.

The first person that I saw hanging one up was our MacKenzie.  I don't have any place to put one and it is a shame to waste a nice sign like that!!!

5698k/Robert......I found the other one.  PM me an address and I will send you a nice Christmas package from almost the North Pole :smt023

• Like 1

Now that we have totally hijacked MacKenzie's post :-D .............I had one sign in my office, that we took off the shipping crate, to send to Aussie O. 

The maintenance employees made a stand-up desk out of the KK crate and took it to another building.  Just went over there and the other sign is still on the crate/desk......but not for long.  It will be in the mail heading south in the next day or so.   Too much fun!!!!!!

PS - Sorry Mac for the hijack....but you sorta started all this sign stuff :smt040 

• Like 3