Fetzervalve

The Butt is On -- Largest Cook to Date!

OH MY GOD!!!!

Great Beer and two fine pieces of ass! Or would that be four?

Anyway it's a heart shaped world! :wink:

I want that upper grill thingy. Is that a Mexi-K cast off? Please tell.

I just seared my first two filets tonight. Dennis Linkletter you are the Buddha of Kookin!

This red wine is really good too.

Joe Strummer (from the clash) blasting on the stereo.

twharton

Lovin' life in Gulf Breeze, FL

"Where Thousands Live The Way Millions Wish They Could"

T dub,

That is the KK upper/sear grill. I only got as far as a deposit with the Mexi-k, I like you, are one of the luck ones...

Good eye,- I have a Guru Competitor and a Maverick - together they make a poor man's Guru - ProComm - okay DJ- I can't remotely change the grill temp, but I can keep an eye on it from the TV, computer or bedside!!

I got the Maverick first and after my first looooong night - of L&S, I ordered the Guru within a couple days! No regrets! Butts resting comfortably - 79 degrees internal....

Re: As A Pro-Noob...

I gotta say I feel no need for the guru cause the temp has never varied more than 10 degrees in either direction in the 4 overnights I've done in two weeks.

I had a bit of a situation - I left the small load lump ring in the basket - AND I didn't hand sort my lump... etc. with the Guru, I sleep like a baby (I wake up every two hours crying and hungry!! :smt005 )

AND with nearly $100 worth of hog on there, I feel better too!!

Dennis....MUST HAVE UPPER GRILL THINGY...CHARGE IT UP

Tom Wharton

Gulf Breeze, FL

Your choice 1/4" (pictured) and 3/8". I had originally ordered the 3/8" and rec'd the 1/4" - it plenty beefy, however, the 3/8 could really give you the Tool Man Tim grunts. :smt026

...AND with nearly $100 worth of hog on there, I feel better too!!

That's some spensive poke butt at 2.50 a lb...don't ever member paying more that 1.39 a lb round here. :shock:

They told me it would be 1.89/lb - when the Mrs. got home, the ticket was closer to 2.30 ish, I'll need to be calling on Monday... :axe: You'd think with all the hogs we raise in this state it would be like buying oil in Saudi Arabia :roll:

By the way, the bottom left one is the one I was voting for in the poll thingy you had earlier. I love you man, you still my taterhead :shock:

Dude, why you got them hair nets on the pigs butt?

It's a state law, either the hog serv'n the food or the hog being served - someone has to have a hair net....

I don't know what the deal is with that - maybe that was what the extra charge is for!! I think they may have taken the bone out - wadda ya think? Is that bad - to have the bone out? I'll know more tomorrow.. 104 internal now...

Re: Here's another question

With 4 butts on like this does it make much difference which one I put the temp probe in? I have the 2 on top probed' date=' and it just hit me - I'm going to guess once it's all heat soaked it probably doesn't matter much, but I'll listen to a pro...... Anyone care to comment? :smt116[/quote']

I'd probe one on top and one on bottom. Looks like you're cooking indirect but the temps do vary from one grill level to the next. Better safe than sorry.

The final chapter

This is for Twharton - triple wired !!

IMG_0092.jpg

One of the finished product

IMG_0099.jpg

Part of the pull

IMG_0098.jpg

The packaged product ready for gifting

IMG_0111.jpg

Got right at 20 pounds from a 40 pound boneless start. The top two butts took just over 25 hours to get to 190, the bottom two took almost 30 hours to get there! I doubt that I will do a double decker again. I had to add lump near the end, I started raising the temp when I got near 24 hours. The re-radiation of the dome on the top tier is apparent. Next time I will pack the top rack as much as possible and skip the double deck.