Tyrus

Just arrived from Tasmania, AU

2 hours ago, Bruce Pearson said:

Thanks Tyrus! I appreciate your offer but I’m sure you have lots of friends and family  you would like to share that with. Just keep posting, I enjoy reading all the great posts here and have a Merry Christmas!!!

2.2 lbs Bruce.  One more friend is never enough. It is Christmas

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bruce Pearson said:

Ooopa sorry about spelling your name wrong Tyrus  shame on me 

No problem, been called worse.  U should receive a message on the tab right next to notification. When u send a message and send it to tyrus it will be sent to the KK site confidentially on the message tab and my email 

12 hours ago, tony b said:

I have 1/2 oz of PC in a beer that's about done fermenting. It's a "winter warmer" ale with brown sugar, crystalized ginger, orange peel and the PC instead of cinnamon/clove/nutmeg. Will see how it turns out? 

Now I would think you put the berries in whole. Does the dye impart any color to the beer? I would find that unique.

The taste is unique and I find myself using it on everything.  I did two prime ribs for my company Christmas party and the rub was equal parts kosher salt and purple crack with some rosemary and thyme added as well.  I used a mortar and pestle to get a coarse grind on the peppers.  My guests loved the prime rib.  The peppers were not overpowering at all and really added to the flavor.  

We also served two pans of chuck roast burnt ends which were demolished.  

20171209_153453.jpg

20171209_194427.jpg

20171209_153510.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Tyrus said:

Now I would think you put the berries in whole. Does the dye impart any color to the beer? I would find that unique.

Yes, they were whole. With the dark color of the beer to start with, you really can't see whether the PC imparted any color or not. Based upon cooking with them, I know that it did, but it will be hard to see in this particular beer. Same was true in the 2 previous beers that I used them in, as both had purple fruit in them - blackberries and blueberries.