sfdrew28

Smoked duck with roasted carrots and sweet potatoes.

Made the duck with a molasses sriracha glaze. Roasted the carrots with rosemary and thyme and the sweet potatoes with rosemary and garlic. All very tasty.

The one issue I had(which wasn’t huge but want to solve) was the grill went from 200 to 300 over the four hours. I only had the third smallest round hole open on bottom and only a 1/4 turn on top. This things a beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caf6ef3e9d79748add3f3bb7c26bed7b.jpgb2f8e2e4e437925ca8f4b34cc62e4713.jpgc0413347decbf0dbedd9697173901bd4.jpg7338dd9ec8bf4660f4f4c7ae8dcae71d.jpg254af7174dd505878a9a1b7a52c46212.jpg
  • Like 3

Not complicated, just drawn out over several days. I just follow Wilburpan's classic method on here. The biggest challenge for me in the past was how to blow air under the skin to separate it from the body. Then I read some online posts to use one of those air pumps used to inflate air mattresses. I got this one on Amazon and it worked like a charm!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FE9CGE

What I'm looking forward to the most this time around is being able to do it on the rotisserie. I didn't have it the last time I did a duck (it's been a while!) If the weather cooperates, I'll take pics on the grill, but will definitely take some of the process, too. 

I really like the duck with the color and glaze it presents in your pics.  It would be nice to know if it was a fresh Duck and how you saw the approach before you shot it down vs how it looked on the shelf.  But that doesn't matter because it's an awesome lookin piece.