Keith B

First pizza cook with homemade dough from ckreef's tutorial

First homemade pizza dough from ckreef's tutorial.  We used 100% KA pizza blend for this dough.  The pizza turned out awesome.  We had been using store bought dough from Trader Joes and this was much better.  It was also extremely easy to do.  I may start to mess around with different flour combinations but this one is a keeper for sure!

20171220_182149.jpg

20171220_183520.jpg

• Like 5

Nicely done! Homemade dough is sooooo worth the little bit of extra effort, and ckreef's tutorial is a great place to start. I've tried the KA Pizza Blend flour and like it a lot, although it is a bit fragile -- can tear easily if not careful. My favorite flour for thin crust pizza is All Trump's unbromated. Hard to find, but worth it if you can get it -- I get mine at Pennsylvania Macaroni online. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pequod said:

Nicely done! Homemade dough is sooooo worth the little bit of extra effort, and ckreef's tutorial is a great place to start. I've tried the KA Pizza Blend flour and like it a lot, although it is a bit fragile -- can tear easily if not careful. My favorite flour for thin crust pizza is All Trump's unbromated. Hard to find, but worth it if you can get it -- I get mine at Pennsylvania Macaroni online. 

I had no issues stretching this to a large 16" pizza.  The dough was easy to work with.  I am using a 1 1/4" soapstone for my pizza stone and I probably needed to let it heat up more.  The stone temp was around 375 and the KK was at 500.  It takes forever for this stone to heat up, I let it go for two hours.  It heats evenly and retains the heat for a long time.  Do you have any experience with a baking steel?