Turtle

Skeptical, Once Upon a Time

You are correct, Turtle. There IS a difference, and I confirmed that lesson today.

I am visiting some friends in Missouri (where I used to live) and whenever we get together, they want me to do some cooking. Well, the only thing on hand here is the trusty Weber Kettle. Dont get me wrong, prior to my enlightenment, I cooked on one of these things for years, and turned out all sorts of great grub.

I got a healthy reminder today about all of the things that make ceramics better. As soon as I tried to light the lump with a piece of newspaper (no chimney) I realized I wasnt in my comfort zone anymore!

I was making some modified ABTs, Brats, and eventually a ham for dinner. The ABTs I was making used halved poblano peppers, since my friends are weak-tongues when it comes to hot stuff. Halving them, filling them with cream cheese, shredded colby/jack and scallions, and wrapping in bacon meant they could not be flipped. Well, after an hour of shuffling them around the grill it was apparent that the tops would not be browning! They eventually were finished in the oven - and were quite tasty despite their humble origins.

Even the brats were more high maintenance, requiring my attention to keep them evenly browning. Having all of that ceramic material releasing and reflecting heat back to the food provides for FAR more consistent results, without all of the flipping, and shuffling around on the grate. The ham never even happened - after tending the grill out in the Missouri cold, I was sick of grilling!

Curly wrote: It's so beautiful...how could you cover it

Only while you're sleeping; so my snoring doesn't wake you.

BTW; What's the quote trick? When I use the quote button, the system inserts "Quote:" (in bold text) in the message; however, when you quote you seem to have text control; like "johnnyboy wrote:" instead of "Quote:".

Tricks baby, tricks please. :smt023

BTW; What's the quote trick? When I use the quote button, the system inserts "Quote:" (in bold text) in the message; however, when you quote you seem to have text control; like "johnnyboy wrote:" instead of "Quote:".

Did you delete anything from it? DJ is the trick person, I can just barely get by :shock:

The difference is whether you use the quote button from the list view (which is what this is) verses what you are using, which is the quote function while in the post/reply view. In other words, while you are reading my message, look in the right upper corner to see a quote button - use it to show it was quoted from me (or whomever).

-=Jasen=-

The difference is whether you use the quote button from the list view (which is what this is) verses what you are using, which is the quote function while in the post/reply view. In other words, while you are reading my message, look in the right upper corner to see a quote button - use it to show it was quoted from me (or whomever).

-=Jasen=-

Oh my gosh! Thanks Jasen, you're the bomb. Now I just have to hit the preview/submit button and see what happens!

Preview looks good! Sweet!