ckreef

Christmas Shopping in FL

2 hours ago, ckreef said:
LOL - Yea it's hard to resist. I made a batch of salad dressing the other day. I then made a quick salad just so I could eat some salad dressing. 

That sounds like something I would do, the dressing is the main reason to eat salad isn't it? :smt060:smt023:smt023

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MacKenzie said:

That sounds like something I would do, the dressing is the main reason to eat salad isn't it? :smt060:smt023:smt023

That's what I always thought. Sometimes I sit with a head of lettuce, rip off a piece, drizzle on a little dressing and chow down. Continue with that until satisfied. That is sometimes my after work snack to tide me over until dinner. 

• Like 1

Dirty Rotten Dinner Guest Steals My Peach Balsamic Vinegar!!!!!

We have some really good friends that were over for dinner last Saturday night.  Mrs. B is the salad queen and brought over a really nice tossed lettuce fruit salad which we used the Peach Vinegar Dressing on.  Needless to say....it was a hit.

So this morning I was looking around the kitchen for the bottle of goodness and couldn't find it?  Asked Redhead Sue if she stored it away........no she didn't??? 

Turns out my practical joker buddy Mr. B decided that he could protect the valuable nectar better than I could............. and seeing as how we were coming to their house for dinner next week, why not just save us the trouble of having to bring more dressing.  Think he stole a seasoning packet also. Dirty Rotten Scoundrel !!!!

I have a key to his house and know their schedule.  I will be sneaking over there to rescue the fair bottle of goodness and will be leaving a bottle of cod liver oil in it's place!!!!!!   

Disclaimer - I can assure you that I have done nothing in the past to deserve this travesty  :cool:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, ckreef said:

@Jon B. Now that's a funny story. Peach Balsamic - so good you have to keep it in a locked cabinet ;)

Don't let him get away with it no matter what you do. 

He is a big time jokester and I probably set my self up for the heist by bragging up the Peach Balsamic and telling the story of its worldwide distribution :-P

PS - The care package left West Palm Beach a little after 2:00pm today. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jon B. said:

Dirty Rotten Dinner Guest Steals My Peach Balsamic Vinegar!!!!!

We have some really good friends that were over for dinner last Saturday night.  Mrs. B is the salad queen and brought over a really nice tossed lettuce fruit salad which we used the Peach Vinegar Dressing on.  Needless to say....it was a hit.

So this morning I was looking around the kitchen for the bottle of goodness and couldn't find it?  Asked Redhead Sue if she stored it away........no she didn't??? 

Turns out my practical joker buddy Mr. B decided that he could protect the valuable nectar better than I could............. and seeing as how we were coming to their house for dinner next week, why not just save us the trouble of having to bring more dressing.  Think he stole a seasoning packet also. Dirty Rotten Scoundrel !!!!

I have a key to his house and know their schedule.  I will be sneaking over there to rescue the fair bottle of goodness and will be leaving a bottle of cod liver oil in it's place!!!!!!   

Disclaimer - I can assure you that I have done nothing in the past to deserve this travesty  :cool:

Are you a judge because I like the way you lay down the law.  Bring over a wanted poster of him when you return the visit and say your here to collect the bounty.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jon B. said:

I will be sneaking over there to rescue the fair bottle of goodness and will be leaving a bottle of cod liver oil in it's place!!!!!! 

I think you should take over a separate container, empty out the good stuff into it and put the cod liver oil in the original bottle. Jokes on him if he tries to poach any of it!! :twisted:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I had fun reading all yalls post. Glad to know that you all enjoying it. It is def one of my favorites. This Village where we buy it, has so many terrific flavors to choose from. They have one,  Pineapple. So good. Since Im not your typical taster. I sample a few of them, and the ones I did was great. Merry "late" Christmas and Happy New year to you all. 

• Like 2

Hey Susan! :hello2: 

Glad to hear from you, as it's been a while!

13 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

dressing is the main reason to eat salad isn't it?

A grand matriarchal conspiracy - Mom's doing whatever it takes to get us to eat our veggies!! 

btw - had a salad with "the dressing" tonight. It's gotten better since I made it!! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, tony b said:

Hey Susan! :hello2: 

Glad to hear from you, as it's been a while!

A grand matriarchal conspiracy - Mom's doing whatever it takes to get us to eat our veggies!! 

btw - had a salad with "the dressing" tonight. It's gotten better since I made it!! 

Lol.. Yes we make the dressing early to give it the necessary time to come divine. Can't go wrong with these vinagars. Love'em.. One of the few things I encourage to buy. Yes been a while. As yall know, ckreef hogs the cooking.. Lol. That might be a conspiracy.. Lol.. But I love it when he cooks. I have more chores to do than cook. I still love too tho.

Did cook this the other day. 

Flat Iron Steak with tri-color Potatoes steamed and then pan fried with Ghee. Serve with Greenbeans with Pearl Onions and added some homemade Au-Jus. 

SP3a.jpg

Edited by skreef
  • Like 4

I have about a quarter of a cup left from the bottle ckreef sent me I've tried it always on salad ice cream but sparingly it's so tasty.but when I marinated some fennel with it .turned out amazing fennel and peach yum

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 2