ckreef

Christmas Shopping in FL

[mention=2550]Jon B.[/mention] It makes a really tasty oil and vinegar dressing. The trick is finding the right "other" ingredients. Good Seasons use to sell a Balsamic salad dressing seasoning packet. Can't seem to find that version any more. 
Will keep our eyes open for a care package. 

That's because you sent them all to me lol it does go well with the hand written recipes you sent me .Jon don't be surprised if something rocks up in your post box .260ab590a5fea753ec1133a053201adc.jpg

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

That's because you sent them all to me lol it does go well with the hand written recipes you sent me .Jon don't be surprised if something rocks up in your post box .260ab590a5fea753ec1133a053201adc.jpg

That was the very last packets I've been able to find. I even went to 3 different stores while in FL trying to find more. I still have a few packets at home :)

Also just to fess up - I bought the double sized bottle of Peach Balsamic for myself :):)  - two smiles for double sized bottle LOL 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ckreef said:

Also just to fess up - I bought the double sized bottle of Peach Balsamic for myself :):)  - two smiles for double sized bottle LOL 

I'd have done the same thing!! :-D

The Good Seasons is available on Amazon. Just ordered a 6 pack. Will be here Sunday! (It also comes in 12 and 24 packs!)

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J8C2EHS

2 hours ago, tony b said:

I'd have done the same thing!! :-D

The Good Seasons is available on Amazon. Just ordered a 6 pack. Will be here Sunday! (It also comes in 12 and 24 packs!)

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J8C2EHS

I usually make the salad dressing in the Good Seasons dressing bottle you can get in most grocery stores (comes with Italian packets). I basically follow the lines on the dressing bottle and use regular OO not EVOO. Also I only use a half packet of the balsamic seasoning so I don't overpower the peach flavor. 

That was the very last packets I've been able to find. I even went to 3 different stores while in FL trying to find more. I still have a few packets at home
Also just to fess up - I bought the double sized bottle of Peach Balsamic for myself   - two smiles for double sized bottle LOL 

Really and here i was thinking i hope you did not get me that big bottle lol. Why not might as well double up whilst your there

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, ckreef said:

Also I only use a half packet of the balsamic seasoning so I don't overpower the peach flavor. 

Thanks for the tip, Charles!

I have a similar bottle with various marking on the sides for different kinds of dressings that I use for my oil & vinegar based dressings. It came with a battery-powered immersion blender. Similar to this one, but mine has a big round rubber button on the top of the blender. 

https://www.chefscatalog.com/1008-700-001324-bonjour-chef-s-tools-salad-chef.html

Edited by tony b
  • Like 1

Thanks for the tip, Charles!
I have a similar bottle with various marking on the sides for different kinds of dressings that I use for my oil & vinegar based dressings. It came with a battery-powered immersion blender. Similar to this one, but mine has a big round rubber button on the top of the blender. 
https://www.chefscatalog.com/1008-700-001324-bonjour-chef-s-tools-salad-chef.html
+1 for using half the packet

On 1/5/2018 at 10:26 AM, ckreef said:

That was the very last packets I've been able to find. I even went to 3 different stores while in FL trying to find more. I still have a few packets at home :)

Gotta love our local Wegman's grocery stores....they had it in stock!!!!!!!   Lucked out and guessed that 1/2 pack was the way to go.

Everyone loved the dressing on a nice tossed salad.  Highlighted the other fruit that was in the salad also.   Yum!!!! 

• Like 3

Gotta love our local Wegman's grocery stores....they had it in stock!!!!!!!   Lucked out and guessed that 1/2 pack was the way to go.
Everyone loved the dressing on a nice tossed salad.  Highlighted the other fruit that was in the salad also.   Yum!!!! 
That's awesome.when ckreef sent me this I was stoked .it's like liquid gold

• Like 1

I am having a peachie day, thanks to SK and CK. It arrived cold but not frozen, in perfect shape. Thanks to your fantastic packaging. You two are sooooo thoughtful.:smt060

5a53c3887b3bf_PeachieGift.thumb.jpg.5931615bff3f5510196fde6239e37b58.jpg

and that is purple crack on the right, it goes on my egg every morning. :)

5a53c385b3a07_PeachSample.thumb.jpg.8bc58d6914e62c098ad81811dbf5c20f.jpg 

I just had to taste it immediately, ahhhhhhh what a great peachie flavour, love it. :smt023:smt023 

• Like 4