MacKenzie

Living in the Boonies Has It's Moments

I am so glad my skill set doesn't include fixing pumps. We have been out of water in the kitchen and bathroom vanity since right after breakfast. :( I wouldn't want to be the one out in the freezing cold trying to find the problem with the pump. It is not going to get fixed tonight but hopefully tomorrow. We have water in the shower and toilet from another well but the water from that is not good enough to drink, a little salty. 

SV time it was, the food is in the bag so doesn't matter if the water is a little too salty on the outside. Fried the potatoes and onions in the toaster oven, had enough good water to do the carrots. Yes, Tony, that is ketchup.:) 

5a45981cb7147_SVPorkDinner.thumb.jpg.d004820412ca4a211a54bed4b8ebe49f.jpg

• Like 1

I am so glad my skill set doesn't include fixing pumps. We have been out of water in the kitchen and bathroom vanity since right after breakfast. I wouldn't want to be the one out in the freezing cold trying to find the problem with the pump. It is not going to get fixed tonight but hopefully tomorrow. We have water in the shower and toilet from another well but the water from that is not good enough to drink, a little salty. 
SV time it was, the food is in the bag so doesn't matter if the water is a little too salty on the outside. Fried the potatoes and onions in the toaster oven, had enough good water to do the carrots. Yes, Tony, that is ketchup.:) 
5a45981cb7147_SVPorkDinner.thumb.jpg.d004820412ca4a211a54bed4b8ebe49f.jpg
Lynne, sorry to hear of your water problem and can relate to your situation. Our water supply comes from a well and can recall going thru similar times over the years. Electricity often goes with winter storms so now have a generator if needed.
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear about your water issues, MacKenzie, but had to LOL about the ketchup! 

Too cold here to grill out right now (wish I had your ODK!) Hoping it doesn't wreck my plans for the Peking Duck for NYE. Duck is thawed out in the fridge. Tomorrow is the inflating step (as I call it - Blowing Up the Duck!), with a rub of baking powder and salt on the skin. 24 hours drying in the fridge. Then, the honey/hot water/5 spice shower on Saturday and another overnight dry in the fridge. Sunday on the rotisserie with cherry wood. Pics to follow, assuming I don't freeze to death in the meantime!

• Like 4

Bugger maybe could melt some of the snow

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

Been there done that one time when our power was out for days. Do you have any idea how much snow you have melt to get a bucket of water? Roughly 10 buckets will do it. Although it depends upon the type of snow. Imagine how happy I am going to be when I see water coming from the kitchen tap.
  • Like 1

Been there done that one time when our power was out for days. Do you have any idea how much snow you have melt to get a bucket of water? Roughly 10 buckets will do it. Although it depends upon the type of snow. Imagine how happy I am going to be when I see water coming from the kitchen tap.
I have no idea about snow except it will melt pretty quickly like ice here .snow capped bourbon sounds good .really 10 buckets .seriously I hope you get it sorted in time

I have no idea about snow except it will melt pretty quickly like ice here .snow capped bourbon sounds good .really 10 buckets .seriously I hope you get it sorted in time

Snow capped burbon sounds pretty tasty to me.

I could have one while I watch the bucket of snow melt.

• Like 3