Eddie mac

Happy BB32 owner

13 hours ago, Tyrus said:

Anyhow I bought a bundle of these devils and only needed a couple, can I freeze them or are they trash. 

I grow chillis here and at the end of the season I turn them into sauces and bottle them. Really handy for marinades or eating with food.  Alternative is to dry them and grind them into powder but I've never tried freezing them.  If you have enough to make it worth making extra sauce I would do that and either freeze or refrigerate the sauce, depending on how soon you think you will use it.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tekobo said:

I grow chillis here and at the end of the season I turn them into sauces and bottle them. Really handy for marinades or eating with food.  Alternative is to dry them and grind them into powder but I've never tried freezing them.  If you have enough to make it worth making extra sauce I would do that and either freeze or refrigerate the sauce, depending on how soon you think you will use it.  

Thanks, the heat kinda disappeared in the marinade I made and came together with all the other ingredients so it's not so imposing. As far as drying or saucing, I may have to toss a coin.

Yeah, the chilli can be made to blend in nicely.  I laughed out loud when I read that you had tried to eat a habanero.  There is a smell that goes with hot chillis that sort of warns you about their heat.  I am guessing you know that smell now.  :mad:

1 hour ago, tekobo said:

Yeah, the chilli can be made to blend in nicely.  I laughed out loud when I read that you had tried to eat a habanero.  There is a smell that goes with hot chillis that sort of warns you about their heat.  I am guessing you know that smell now.  :mad:

I question and say to myself, "Just how hot can they be?" Inquisitive minds are dangerous sometime. I'll certainly take the warning, "VERY HOT" seriously next time. And ya know I was serving this to my guests so I had to gauge it as to it's potency, didn't want to add too much. It's a terrible web them peppers weave, all pretty in color and meant to deceive. Cheerio, do they say that anymore

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, tekobo said:

Of course.  And because I spend a fair bit of my time in the north of England, I will say "tara" back. 

I can see a good use for that word. :) 

Tara is a girl who is absolutely perfect and beautiful. She may be shy at first, but once you get to know her she could be friendly, crazy and loving. She supports all her friends and helps them through all their problems. Tara is a caring person and will always be there for someone.

2 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

I can see a good use for that word. :) 

Tara is a girl who is absolutely perfect and beautiful. She may be shy at first, but once you get to know her she could be friendly, crazy and loving. She supports all her friends and helps them through all their problems. Tara is a caring person and will always be there for someone.

Hello Mac, Scarlett O'Hara grew up on Tara, is she the girl you may be referring too.  Pip Pip ol Gal  Is it snowing where your at yet

• Like 1

Just now, tony b said:

Hab's freeze well whole, but will be a bit mushy when thawed. Better to mash them up and freeze that way (ice cube tray works well for portioning it out.)

Thanks again, I'll wear rubber gloves, you weren't settin me up for a fall were you.....lol

10 hours ago, tekobo said:

I grow chillis here and at the end of the season I turn them into sauces and bottle them.

Me, too! The last one on the right is Chocolate Ghost Peppers - you want something that will just about put you into a coma, eat one of those puppies (I've never been silly enough to try it!) I was wearing glasses and gloves when I mashed them up, but needed a mask, too! Started coughing like I'd been tear gassed!!! 

5a4e94c599548_BottlesofHotSauce2017-1.thumb.jpg.253a432a5d2b2cb9ece4a945c3e5a640.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, tony b said:

Me, too! The last one on the right is Chocolate Ghost Peppers - you want something that will just about put you into a coma, eat one of those puppies (I've never been silly enough to try it!) I was wearing glasses and gloves when I mashed them up, but needed a mask, too! Started coughing like I'd been tear gassed!!! 

5a4e94c599548_BottlesofHotSauce2017-1.thumb.jpg.253a432a5d2b2cb9ece4a945c3e5a640.jpg

They do handsome, no skull and crossbones labels

Guessing you think "tara" might be a better name for my girl KK.  Context is all, folks here would think I was saying a cheerful goodbye to my KK.  Not happening, they are here to stay!
Now the Urban dictionary didn't tell that meaning, but I must admit you read my mind about renaming your KK, and that is a dangerous thing.
  • Like 1