Turtle

Where's da beef..

I put the question to y'all here so as not to trash the recipe section. DeeJ please move stuff around if necessary. :)

Question, since my "meat engeneers" at both Costco and Sam's have no freaking clue of what a Chuch Roll is, I may be doing a brisket instead. Only thing is that only Sam's had the brisket and it wasn't whole. It was just the flat. I haven't found any recipes or tricks about doing just a flat. Any advice y'all have would be appreciated greatly!?

Re: Where's da beef..

I put the question to y'all here so as not to trash the recipe section. DeeJ please move stuff around if necessary. :)

The cooking general and technique fits the bill for food related topics! Only under actual recipe sections are we trying to keep the threads straight! But thanks for mentioning. :wink:

-=Jasen=-

I see they're different cuts

Hmmm.... so which one to do?

I've done chuck roll before so I know what to expect. But that shoulder clod looks interesting. But according to Raichlen, the shoulder clod is the ultimate test of a pit master. Perhaps I'll leave well enough alone and do a chuck roll for X-Mas and save the experimentation for later.

I thought they were one and the same but my butcher just told me they weren't... Hmmmm... which one to que for X-Mas?

Curly posted this website that has some pictures of the two..

http://www.cbef.com/cbchuck.htm