Seasport

Would like to be a new owner

Seasport, I am  on the opposite side of Canada, Nova Scotia but I do remember someone from Victoria joining the group but she has not posted in a long time. I think quite a few of us have bought sight unseen, not something that I would normally do but after talking to Dennis and reading the posts it was not something I worried about. Not to worry, Dennis will NOT pressure you but he will be able to answer all your questions and give great advise if asked. This has been a wonderful experience for me, in fact it was so fantastic that I did it twice.:) 

• Like 1

To my knowledge in 6 years of being on this Forum, I don't remember a SINGLE person regretting their buying a KK. Now, to be honest, a couple of folks ended up selling theirs afterwards, but not because of dissatisfaction, but just life challenges got in the way and they needed to move on. 

As they say, "Come on in, the water's great!" 

• Like 2

My guess is over 95% or owners buy sight unseen. While they are the finest grill available, there’s simply not enough of them worldwide to easily see one before purchase. I’ve never heard of a dis satisfied customer, or anyone who actually regretted the purchase in any way.

For me, I in no way anticipated how beautiful and well built this grill is. You simply can’t believe it until you see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have bought a lot of things unseen. I just wanted to look and talk with a owner, discuss sizes,accessories and shipping options to Canada. Haven’t gone to look yet, but was nice to talk with pizzaiolo, someone with similar interests in outdoor cooking.

Again, appreciate everyone’s input, great forum.

Regards

• Like 1

Like we tell all newcomers, your best resource is to talk to the Owner - Dennis Linkletter. He's a straight shooter and will not pressure you into buying anything. But, he will give you straightforward answers to any/all questions that you might have and will guide you along through the whole buying and delivery process. He's the gold standard for customer service!!! 

I bought mine sight unseen and have no regrets. I’ve had it about 1 1/2 months and I use it 4-5x a week. There is a learning curve, but everyone here is very helpful.
I have a 32” and the only change I’d make would to probably not order the smoker if I could do it over again. It’s great when it works but too often the chips go out. Other than that everything about it is incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, sfdrew28 said:

I bought mine sight unseen and have no regrets. I’ve had it about 1 1/2 months and I use it 4-5x a week. There is a learning curve, but everyone here is very helpful.
I have a 32” and the only change I’d make would to probably not order the smoker if I could do it over again. It’s great when it works but too often the chips go out. Other than that everything about it is incredible.

I'll make up a post on tricks I've discovered to keep the chips burning.. in the mean time please give me a call to discuss this issue.. The Smoker should keep puffing without issues.. First thing I'd check is the moisture content of your chips.

Second is how well it's lit..

• Like 2

Looking forward to those "tips," Dennis, as I've often struggled to keep mine lit, too.

Tried your suggestion to place a lit chunk of charcoal just above the tube - with only moderate success. 

Best thing that I've discovered so far, is to blend pellets for those style of smoker grills with my wood chips. The combo seems to stay lit a bit better than chips alone. 

• Like 1

To my knowledge in 6 years of being on this Forum, I don't remember a SINGLE person regretting their buying a KK.

I “regret” buying my KK every time Dennis makes an update/upgrade to the design! Every innovation Dennis has made since 2009 makes me say, “I want thaaaaaaat!” Then, I go outside, look at mine, maybe touch the tiles, and I’m happy again, because I know that the only cooker on the planet that’s better than mine is the newest one Dennis has built. And I can live with owning the top 1%.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, kravnh said:

I “regret” buying my KK every time Dennis makes an update/upgrade to the design! Every innovation Dennis has made since 2009 makes me say, “I want thaaaaaaat!” Then, I go outside, look at mine, maybe touch the tiles, and I’m happy again, because I know that the only cooker on the planet that’s better than mine is the newest one Dennis has built. And I can live with owning the top 1%.

You know that many of these "upgrades" can be purchased - as I know from personal experience!! Double gasket - check, locking nuts for the rear draft door - check, dual dial front draft door - check. And of course, all the new accessories are available, too! Again, I have most of them - cold smoker, rotisserie rod & basket, new pizza stone (KK shaped), double bottom drip pan. YMMV