erik6bd

KK cold smoker

I don't know what the limit is, but I've done cold smoking sessions that were 4 hours long and I used only a fraction of the wood chips/pellets. I did try an overnighter once - got up the next morning and it was empty and cold, so I don't know how long it actually burned. 

On 1/16/2018 at 3:38 PM, tony b said:

I don't know what the limit is, but I've done cold smoking sessions that were 4 hours long and I used only a fraction of the wood chips/pellets. I did try an overnighter once - got up the next morning and it was empty and cold, so I don't know how long it actually burned. 

Tony b how big is the tube thinking of ordering one another word what size chunks can fit thanks 

I'm going on memory here, but the main tube is about 3" in diameter and about a foot or so tall. Just being lazy and not wanting to go upstairs to actually measure it!

You will need smaller sized chips and/or compressed pellets for it. I use a combo, as I think that it helps keep it lit. I get my chips from Fruita wood (also my regular sized chunks for the smoker pot.) They have lots of variety and it's top quality wood. I bought the pellets locally at a BBQ shop. They are for a pellet smoker, but work just fine in this application. 

On 1/20/2018 at 11:42 AM, tony b said:

I'm going on memory here, but the main tube is about 3" in diameter and about a foot or so tall. Just being lazy and not wanting to go upstairs to actually measure it!

You will need smaller sized chips and/or compressed pellets for it. I use a combo, as I think that it helps keep it lit. I get my chips from Fruita wood (also my regular sized chunks for the smoker pot.) They have lots of variety and it's top quality wood. I bought the pellets locally at a BBQ shop. They are for a pellet smoker, but work just fine in this application.