cruz-in

She Arrived...She is beautiful...but latch is busted..

UPS just delivered my KK. It is everything I expected and more...truly beautiful....the terracotta blue with dark charcoal groat is awesome. The brightly colored tile really stands out against the Dark Charcoal Grout.

Only issue appears to be some mishandling during shipping. As I was uncrating her. I noticed the front latch laying in the bottom of the crate. Apparently the KK shifted during shipping and the torque on the lid literally ripped the stainless steal latch right off. It is amazing, it actually looks like the stainless was torn. A few other minor issues but nothing that cannot be taken care of.

I shot Dennis and email and suspect I will be in business very soon...While it looks like no Q for Christmas...maybe New Years... I will post picts soon...

Dan

Thanks All

Taking all the tension off the spring is a great idea.

I have emailed Dennis and contacted UPS. I am sure as soon as the work day starts in Indonesia, I will hear from Dennis and these items will be on thier way to resolution.

It is amazing to me the amount of force it must have taken to "tear" the stainless steel hinge.

It is sitting in the driveway and drawing all kinds of interesting stares and questions from the nieghhbors.

I have been standing out in the cold with a beer playing with it....

Re: Thanks All

I have emailed Dennis and contacted UPS. I am sure as soon as the work day starts in Indonesia, I will hear from Dennis and these items will be on thier way to resolution.

It is amazing to me the amount of force it must have taken to "tear" the stainless steel hinge.

It is sitting in the driveway and drawing all kinds of interesting stares and questions from the nieghhbors.

You did read the thread from Dennis that he's outta town right? I can't remember what all he said, but he may take a little longer that normal to get back.

Re: Thanks All

Dennis often has tony (tcolover) send replacement parts. It might really be faster to send a PM to Tony

You did read the thread from Dennis that he's outta town right? I can't remember what all he said, but he may take a little longer that normal to get back.

Bent Draft Door

"Hopefully this is just my imagination... but is your draft door bent?"

yea it appears to be ....I will check closer.....there are a few other issues that have become apparent with the grill...I am reluctant to bring them up.....posts last forever and I am certain that this and the other few issues will quickly be corrected....I would not want any prospective customer to get the idea that this is anything other than a great grill...shipping a 600 pound item from half way around the world is tuff and things happen.....it is Christmas and not a crisis that Dennis is on leave and won't be able to get back to me for a week or so....we all deserve a holiday...my ole weber has served me well for 10 years....I am sure it can handle another week or so!

Sears is 100% satisfaction or your money back!

..."there are a few other issues that have become apparent with the grill...

As you say, Komodo will fix you up.

Earlier this summer I had a new dishwasher shipped from Sears and it had some cosmetic damage when I opened the box. I called up Sears and they made things right without a question. Because they honor their guarantee I am a loyal customer.

The reputation that Komodo has is why I went with this company. And wouldn’t you know it, my KK arrived with some cosmetic damage that wasn’t apparent until I opened up the crate (and I tell you the crate is built with nearly the same quality as the cooker.) The damage was on my top. I had four holes into my damper. http://upload4.postimage.org/1628337_294d24efcdc1ffd3eef5fc3be5109040/AtYourService.jpg

And wouldn’t you know it, the Komodo company stood by their guarantee and made everything right! Got a brand new top.

I have read plenty of good stories about Komodo making good on things the shipper busted, and not one where they haven’t (and word would spread fast if they didn’t!).

A good name is mo beda than silver.

newtop.jpg

Latch is on it's Way!...Too Cool

Even when Dennis is on vacation, and the shipping company roughing up the grill is certainly not his fault (especially since the construction of the crate is right up there with the quality of the grill..Super) .....he comes through....just too cool!

Dennis, thanks so much and I hope you and your family have a safe, blessed, and relaxing holiday.

Dan