Jon B.

My Sam's Club Closed - Major Bummer

Our only Sam's Club in town is closing next week.  The closest one is now 60 miles away.  I'm majorly bummed as the Club was only 5 minutes from my house and offered early hours to business members.  In at 7:00am and out by 7:15am....no traffic and first choice of fresh produce and meat.  This club had a gasoline station with excellent prices and easy access.  We also used it for our business supplies.  I shopped there about 3 to 4 times per week and knew all the employees/managers.  So sad :-(.

Have had a membership to BJ's Wholesale Club but didn't go there much as the local Sam's was much better for me.

Stopped at Costco last night to check it out and plan on joining.  Nice store, not as many of the items we buy to work BUT they have a wonderful PRIME meat section where Sam's only carried choice meat.  Holy crap people....I was drooling at how nicely marbled the ribeyes were!!!!!!!  Would join just for the prime meat selection alone.

RIP my Sam's Club.......all good things, sadly must come to an end sometimes.  :smt022        

• Sad 1

63 Sam's bite the dust. None here, but I don't shop there, once we got our CostCo. As Jon said - prime grade beef baby!! Plus, they carry Swift Premium pork products that don't have the brine solution added. Get all my ribs and pork butts there. Decent lamb, too.

CostCo is the nations largest retailer of alcohol now. I've found some very hard to find wines at mine and their house brand "Kirkland" vodka and tequila are damn good. Rumor has it that the vodka is "Grey Goose" - bottle says distilled from grapes and imported from France. It's half the price of Grey Goose. Don't know about the white (blanco) tequila. They make a whisky, too, but not seen it at my local store. 

@Jon B. - check to see if your CostCo carries the big hunks of pork belly. I've gotten my last 2 slabs there for making bacon. Very nice - meaty. 

• Like 2

On 1/17/2018 at 5:20 PM, tony b said:

63 Sam's bite the dust. None here, but I don't shop there, once we got our CostCo. As Jon said - prime grade beef baby!! Plus, they carry Swift Premium pork products that don't have the brine solution added. Get all my ribs and pork butts there. Decent lamb, too.

CostCo is the nations largest retailer of alcohol now. I've found some very hard to find wines at mine and their house brand "Kirkland" vodka and tequila are damn good. Rumor has it that the vodka is "Grey Goose" - bottle says distilled from grapes and imported from France. It's half the price of Grey Goose. Don't know about the white (blanco) tequila. They make a whisky, too, but not seen it at my local store. 

@Jon B. - check to see if your CostCo carries the big hunks of pork belly. I've gotten my last 2 slabs there for making bacon. Very nice - meaty. 

@tony b  Went back to Costco on Sunday........bought some wonderful prime beef tenderloins.      And they did have a bunch of the pork belly slabs.......my next adventure cook.  Sad to say our NY State laws do no not allow them to sell "liquor" just beer and some reduced alcohol wines.  

Sam's is already out of sight in the rear view mirror................. 

53 minutes ago, Jon B. said:

Sam's is already out of sight in the rear view mirror................. 

:smt041

Too bad that you can't buy booze there though. Here's a tip for others that have a CostCo near them - you don't have to be a member to buy liquor there if they sell it! One of those not well publicized things.