Eddie mac

First brisket on a Komodo

Last night I trimmed up a brisket 13.5 pounds after trimming.This am at 6am I fired up the KK with smoke pot in place with oak and cherry wood brought KK up to 275 took 1hour and 45 minuets to come to temp it was 17 degrees outside this am.First brisket on a kamado grill I have cook hundreds of briskets in the last 25+years never in a kamado grill.I am very interested to see the results in a kamado verse a offset.

39DB9236-C21D-4F9A-9987-31395ECB31BC.jpeg

2A228743-1F2F-4C3C-B476-220DB4AEB0D9.jpeg

• Like 1

Well my son came over before heading out on a lobster and crab trip so I cut it earlier then I wanted to but all in all not bad juice tender great pull lacking smoke ring .My son took all the of the point for a meal for him and his crew on the way out to the fishing grounds 

011877CC-F9C5-4941-95AE-6E5409C004E9.jpeg

E337B034-0375-43EF-BDE1-A3E75E7B566E.jpeg

D4E2C7CB-5320-44A4-B8AC-0CCBF38D2485.jpeg

4495CE3B-E4DF-466D-A428-E87FD6F1A2F6.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well my son came over before heading out on a lobster and crab trip so I cut it earlier then I wanted to but all in all not bad juice tender great pull lacking smoke ring .My son took all the of the point for a meal for him and his crew on the way out to the fishing grounds 

I have cooked  literally  hundreds of briskets over the last 25 years so the verdict is much much easier in the Komodo fire maintains itself.The brisket was moist tender but bark was not as set as I am use to but every brisket is different need to do a few more to give a verdict on Komodo or offset 

8 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

I see a smoke ring at the end of the day I don't really care about it anymore .I think it comes down to the meat as to how predominant the ring is .that turned out terrific nicely done .lobster and crab fishing sounds like fun .in the summer time don't know about the weather you have lol

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

Thanks Aussie I really don’t care for the smoke ring myself flavore texture tenderness is my goal but when you cook for paying customers they love that 1/2” tp3/4 “ looking smoke ring.As for as fishing my son love to be on the water been fishing thru out his life.He now owns 2 boats 1 is a 104ft lobster crab boat and scallops the other is a  conch boat at 74ft it is great to go out in the warmer months but below 0 not for me.