Turtle

Chuck Roll, thats what the butcher called it..

Picked up two of these for the tribal gathering this weekend. Both at 30 lbs. Cooked this one up for take home doggie bags. Definitely has less grease, as someone else had mentioned in another thread. It still has plenty of fat though to taste good. You finish with about half the weight of what you start out with. Seams similar to the pork butt as far as that goes.

I was surprised that it only took 19 hours at 225 to get up to 195. Maybe ‘cause it is sorta flatter than a pork butt. When I walked in the door this afternoon I was disappointed to hear my alarm going off, thinking the Pit fire had died for sure, but it was done already. :shock:

done.jpg

For a guy who says:

I would drink beer with a goat, on a boat, in a box, in my sox, in a car, at a bar. I do, I do, I do like beer!"

What's up with complimenting Dr. Pepper, and diet to boot?

You on the wagon; forgot to change your signature block. :smt065

Come on now, Curly; us beer drinkers got to stick together. It's BBQ and Beer, not BBQ and Diet! :drinkers:

For a guy who says:
I would drink beer with a goat' date=' on a boat, in a box, in my sox, in a car, at a bar. I do, I do, I do like beer!"[/quote']

What's up with complimenting Dr. Pepper, and diet to boot?

You on the wagon; forgot to change your signature block. :smt065

Come on now, Curly; us beer drinkers got to stick together. It's BBQ and Beer, not BBQ and Diet! :drinkers:

I am quite sure Curly doesn't drink - hehe. But since you quoted me - hehe - you must of missed my sarcasm! :roll:

-=Jasen=-