Tyrus

Pork loin, stuffed spinach, prosciutto, cheese, etc

Haven't done one of these in a while so today was a good day. I took the meat out early from the freezer and knew it wouldn't be ready to slice so I placed it in front of the pellet stove exhaust on a saw horse and let it go. A few hours later, thawed and ready to cut. We then then hog tied the little porka after we stuffed him of course and placed him on the KK. Cooked at 350  and basted with the remaining ckreef sauce I had remaining. We had some pickled artichokes, baked potatoe, sweet potatoe and corn.  And a glass of Cabnernet........... Good

DSCF2026.JPG

DSCF2027.JPG

DSCF2029.JPG

DSCF2032.JPG

DSCF2034.JPG

• Like 5

I really don't judge the meat by how long personally. If it's sitting out there for a while you can benchmark about an hour and a half at this temp. I always use a probe, a temp digital gauge. 145minimum to 160. Stuff it good the spinach reduces a lot. Cook on the high grate, no deflector.   Baste at the end Good luck

1 hour ago, sfdrew28 said:

How long at 350? I just brought a pork loin home and was thinking of a recipe. This might be it but I’d have to run back to store for the prosciutto. Fresh spinach I presume? Anything I should now to cook this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Tyrus said:

I really don't judge the meat by how long personally. If it's sitting out there for a while you can benchmark about an hour and a half at this temp. I always use a probe, a temp digital gauge. 145minimum to 160. Stuff it good the spinach reduces a lot. Cook on the high grate, no deflector.   Baste at the end Good luck

One thing I've done in the past is precook the fresh baby spinach until it just starts to wilt. This reduces the final cook shrinkage and makes it a bit easier to stuff. 

27 minutes ago, ckreef said:

One thing I've done in the past is precook the fresh baby spinach until it just starts to wilt. This reduces the final cook shrinkage and makes it a bit easier to stuff. 

Good idea and it will make it easier all around

• Like 1