Aussie Ora

Snapper Time

Thought I would do some fish .got hold of a nice sized snapper and descaled it .e66300f986670cc8306c186a02831514.jpghanging out on a bed of ice .978cb443048fcbb606d238d249dc03f7.jpg I gave it a sprinkle of Bayouish and some key lime rub and put it on my fish holder.70bd9c326ab15609afec05cc9f57a806.jpg.Dee made up a stuffing .1d25153d1bc7bc2b1ae73224beb69d4c.jpg.and in it goes.591243f30895c1194a402fb606929286.jpg.and on it goes at 400f .76843ba721a68abef08e7fb819f73868.jpg.in the meantime Dee whisked a salad up.3d1ceedb384f177540749dc5afea2aa7.jpg.after 35 min it's ready to go crisped up nicely. a147815b58b039c149452d12c387cd79.jpg.acc9b65747f4e6f823494b4fbb2e962a.jpg.13fc3bf0a94a92fdf8545245a140a6e6.jpg.gave it a rest in some foil and ready to go.f7e5c7f1ef178c72048b2cd201e0a6b1.jpg.flaked apart so easy.427e34b61cc5ca63df1a8efa531c39cd.jpg.and plated.9db0ee5fbf0ea0f318fd8356b8ba8c4c.jpg.1396c4528d09e2aead45d10c48037f05.jpg

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 4

Yeah, never saw a stand like that before for fish? Do you use it for anything else? I like how the stuffing stay inside in this arrangement.

It's pretty kewl hey.i got it ages ago from a cheap budget bbq line at my local bbq shop. the three prongs go under the spine to hold it up and makes it easy to stuff the fish .I like this method instead of foiling or a fish basket because it cooks evenly without having to turn and get some great crispy skin .only tried it with fish but the company sells a two prong for roasts .https://www.barbequesgalore.com.au/bar-b-chef-roast-rack. So no reason the fish one would not work might have to try something else with it.

• Thanks 1

It's pretty kewl hey.i got it ages ago from a cheap budget bbq line at my local bbq shop. the three prongs go under the spine to hold it up and makes it easy to stuff the fish .I like this method instead of foiling or a fish basket because it cooks evenly without having to turn and get some great crispy skin .only tried it with fish but the company sells a two prong for roasts .https://www.barbequesgalore.com.au/bar-b-chef-roast-rack. So no reason the fish one would not work might have to try something else with it.Outback kamado Bar and Grill

Tried finding something similar here in the states. No luck so far.

You got me excited to do some fish. I have four days of rain ahead so doing a rack of ribs as my last meal for a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

That's a really awesome contraption and a great looking result.  I had fun "adding to basket" on the Barbecues Galore site, knowing full well that freight and tax from Australia would make it all unaffordable.  The fun bit is that they don't even acknowledge that anywhere outside Australia exists! It was a nice fantasy while it lasted.  :-)

• Like 1

That's a really awesome contraption and a great looking result.  I had fun "adding to basket" on the Barbecues Galore site, knowing full well that freight and tax from Australia would make it all unaffordable.  The fun bit is that they don't even acknowledge that anywhere outside Australia exists! It was a nice fantasy while it lasted.  :-)
Cheers tekobo it's a different way to do a whole fish .that's funny they just lost a potential customer

Your post was a great reminder of that wonderful shop.  I used to live in Sydney and, while I couldn't/didn't haul a whole barbie back to the UK, I did buy my first (and only!) beer can chicken insert and the Ezy Aussie prawn peeler there.  I used the latter just the other day, still going strong after all these years.  

• Like 1

Your post was a great reminder of that wonderful shop.  I used to live in Sydney and, while I couldn't/didn't haul a whole barbie back to the UK, I did buy my first (and only!) beer can chicken insert and the Ezy Aussie prawn peeler there.  I used the latter just the other day, still going strong after all these years.  
The Aussie prawn peeler is a classic .I just use my hands but heaps of people swear by it .glad I could really ignite some fond memorys

18 minutes ago, Aussie Ora said:

The Aussie prawn peeler is a classic .I just use my hands but heaps of people swear by it .

I agree, it is much quicker to peel prawns by hand but when I am cooking for others the Ezy Aussie helps with getting rid of the black intestine that some object to.  I think it just adds to the flavour :-)

• Like 1

I agree, it is much quicker to peel prawns by hand but when I am cooking for others the Ezy Aussie helps with getting rid of the black intestine that some object to.  I think it just adds to the flavour :-)

You are right for peeled prawns I don't worry when doing whole. most of the time when I snap the head I can pull out the tract in one but some don't that's were my pairing knife comes in .but I have seen them in use and the do what they say .not many gadgets do lol