Eddie mac

New cabinet on the way

You must be in agony.  What an amazing moment it is when the crate is on the ground and you're alone with it for the first time!!!

The first real smoker I ever had was a offset stick-burner.  My wonderful wife bought it for me as a Christmas present and I didn't know until we had to drop everything we were doing and wait for the trucking company to get around to making a delivery whenever it suited them.  It missed Christmas delivery and took some days afterwards.  It was brutal.  Burning a whole day waiting for nothing sucks.

I just took delivery from Dennis this week. When I set up the delivery with the trucking co, I made sure to make it a point to ask for a phone call within a few hours of delivery.  Nice woman said sure, sure, we'll call you about a 1/2 hour before.  You guessed it--no call.  How hard could it be?

6 hours ago, Smokydave said:

You must be in agony.  What an amazing moment it is when the crate is on the ground and you're alone with it for the first time!!!

The first real smoker I ever had was a offset stick-burner.  My wonderful wife bought it for me as a Christmas present and I didn't know until we had to drop everything we were doing and wait for the trucking company to get around to making a delivery whenever it suited them.  It missed Christmas delivery and took some days afterwards.  It was brutal.  Burning a whole day waiting for nothing sucks.

I just took delivery from Dennis this week. When I set up the delivery with the trucking co, I made sure to make it a point to ask for a phone call within a few hours of delivery.  Nice woman said sure, sure, we'll call you about a 1/2 hour before.  You guessed it--no call.  How hard could it be?

When my stick burned was delivered the guy called me every few hours to update me.That was  exceptional service from Lang Smokers.I received my BB32 in November from this shipping company same ask for a call no call 3 hours late.Well this time around they will deliver at my  convenience my time frame or the drive will have no one here to sign for it.

38 minutes ago, Bruce Pearson said:

I hope you can get it in the back yard.  I had to take down sections of my neighbors fence to get mine into My back yard, same with my BB 32 except we had to take two sections of fence down luckily I had my friend to help me. If I ever sell my house I’m doomed LOL 

I’ll have to keep it in the garage until the sheet of ice thaws.To get to my patio I have to go between pond and upper deck and it has a pitch towards the pond.When I went to get the forks on the tractor Friday I got a good scare sliding towards the pond.

• Like 2

Well here we are Thursday cabinet arrived truck had no liftgate back it went I can’t win .Called shipping company can’t give me another delivery date due to not knowing when a lift gate will be available. Shipping company states did not say liftgate on invoice all invoices I seen even from the driver says liftgate required so go figure .  Now what would all of you do .

Edited by Eddie mac
  • Sad 1