BonFire

Oh oh

Up before sunrise, full basket, beaut day unfolding and been holding steady at 550F for 3hrs so far like a champ.

IMG_0855.thumb.JPG.032d3d4ab963e18392ea121847595d06.JPG

Solvent venting underway,....it does have that acrylic paint smell

IMG_0853.thumb.JPG.ca7324d0fe139cfd6ce8f6bf27871b8d.JPG

With Magic Eraser at the ready. 

Sorry folks just doing the burn-in today, got work commitments this afternoon :angryfire:

Edited by BonFire
  • Like 3

Sat around 400 for the 1st hour then brought it up to the recommended 550F, went and checked after the last post and found 2 tiles lifted, one went back no worries the other keeps coming out, i'd say its still venting.

Also finding a few white spots which i presume is the solvent seeping out, using Aussie's tip and cleaning them off with the Magic Eraser.

Owners manual says 4-6 hrs at 550F 

Then raise it 50o for a half hour until you are up to 650o for 2 hours.

Anybody advise, do i need to re-grout around where the tiles lifted and if so can i do it after its cooled down.....thnx

• Like 2

Forgot to mention the temp control is amazing, compared to the Big Joe it is so intuitive and responsive it reminds me of my younger days when i once owned a 1970 428 Cobra Jet Mustang and my 2nd car was an 65 XP Falcon.....would jump out of the XP and into the 428 and say to myself, yep....this is where i want to be, OMG do i miss that car and the 70's

Edited by BonFire
  • Like 7

On 5/6/2018 at 1:58 PM, BonFire said:

Thnx for the advice Aussie, will look into the Majin eraser or do you mean Magic eraser, the tile lifting sounds like its a normal thing, nice to know a noob can get answers on a site such as this, cheers mate 

Auto correct mate majic eraser lol

22 hours ago, Stevesoncoals said:

Dinner done ! Not quite long enough for the lamb but super impressed with the flavour ! Roast potatoes were a new benchmark, crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside !

i don’t think I put enough charcoal in the basket for the cook, as I had to top up, and I couldn’t get past 250C (not that I needed to - but was seeing if I could). 

I assume to get high temps it’s more of activity with a well lit (spread) basket of charcoal. I’m using the mallee charcoal - which I love the taste of. 

321D09B7-2640-4CFC-B390-634DB585775B.jpeg

9726F0AE-AF2C-4024-8099-5C99AE38E16D.jpeg

Looks delish mate nicely done.

6 hours ago, BonFire said:

Sat around 400 for the 1st hour then brought it up to the recommended 550F, went and checked after the last post and found 2 tiles lifted, one went back no worries the other keeps coming out, i'd say its still venting.

Also finding a few white spots which i presume is the solvent seeping out, using Aussie's tip and cleaning them off with the Magic Eraser.

Owners manual says 4-6 hrs at 550F 

Then raise it 50o for a half hour until you are up to 650o for 2 hours.

Anybody advise, do i need to re-grout around where the tiles lifted and if so can i do it after its cooled down.....thnx

Just pick a a hole where it's venting no need to regroute it will settle and mold it's self together as it cools

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BonFire said:

Trying to do a test run with roti spit, but won't fit.

All good found my answer

IMG_0862.JPG

Ahh... I should have told you about that when I was around. I must admit I had to read the forums a few times to get my cradle roti working. 

So what did you end up cooking?

1 hour ago, Tangles said:

Ahh... I should have told you about that when I was around. I must admit I had to read the forums a few times to get my cradle roti working. 

So what did you end up cooking?

Still working, but got a couple of weeks off starting this weekend.

Now that’s the dilemma, what to cook....can’t wait. Pics will be posted

• Haha 1