Eddie mac

Smoked pork loin

26 minutes ago, Eddie mac said:

I bought for rotisserie cooks 

BINGO! When I saw it on Kickstarter, that was the thing that sold it for me. I have yet to find anything like it on the market. I truly think that once they get the whole product line up and going, they are going to make a killing!

3 minutes ago, tony b said:

BINGO! When I saw it on Kickstarter, that was the thing that sold it for me. I have yet to find anything like it on the market. I truly think that once they get the whole product line up and going, they are going to make a killing!

Thinking of ordering the block with 4 probes 

8 hours ago, Eddie mac said:

MEATER is ok wish it had more range

Delicious looking cook.  The MEATER is great, when it works.  Do any of you have problems with getting it to connect?  Drives me mad, jiggling it about to get it to respond.  Solved the range problem by daisy chaining with a spare phone.  The spare phone sits outdoors next to the KK and I connect to it via wifi.  That works really well.  

Edited by tekobo

5 hours ago, tekobo said:

Delicious looking cook.  The MEATER is great, when it works.  Do any of you have problems with getting it to connect?  Drives me mad, jiggling it about to get it to respond.  Solved the range problem by daisy chaining with a spare phone.  The spare phone sits outdoors next to the KK and I connect to it via wifi.  That works really well.  

No problem connecting the problem is range I really can’t leave a Ipad out to bridge still to cold here for any electronics to be outside 

I still use the old stand by 2 probe with the extra hand held. It has good range around the yard but I see your point about leaving the area and maybe going to the store that you can still monitor. I'm content, the KK keeps temp well enough for me and I plan accordingly. I know you've been cooking long enough to have meat psychic abilities, { that's knowing what your meat is doing at all times }. Tools like that erode those abilities....lol 

7 minutes ago, Tyrus said:

I still use the old stand by 2 probe with the extra hand held. It has good range around the yard but I see your point about leaving the area and maybe going to the store that you can still monitor. I'm content, the KK keeps temp well enough for me and I plan accordingly. I know you've been cooking long enough to have meat psychic abilities, { that's knowing what your meat is doing at all times }. Tools like that erode those abilities....lol 

I many use my themopens now but I use probes in new cookers to figure them out. I usually go by looks and feel of most red meats but poultry pork very important on temps to keep them safe and not to dry them out 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Eddie mac said:

Thinking of ordering the block with 4 probes 

Hold back a bit, as it's still in development. Only the single probe units are in production. The Block should be going into beta testing again fairly soon, per the company's last update on Kickstarter.