ckreef

American Beef Ribs

This is slightly ironic. A friend from Australia (@Aussie Ora)  sent me a package of American BBQ Slow & Low Smokin Texas. I guess we're going to find out what Australia's version of American BBQ tastes like. 

ABRa.thumb.jpg.cf4efdcf4e0c855c7c3358430fab50d8.jpg

I rubbed it down Saturday night, tightly wrapped in saran wrap then put it in the fridge until Sunday morning. Here it is ready to go on the KK. Note: that is a serving platter. Those ribs measured about 12" x 12" and almost 3" thick. 

ABRb.thumb.jpg.8fd759af5542f4897153fd8c9378472e.jpg

I cooked it for about 5 hours at a dome of 210*. At this point I figured if I actually wanted to eat these on Sunday I better bump up the temperature to 240*. Here they are 2 hours later with an IT of 170*

ABRc.thumb.jpg.602128fdf6cc67c7a2d14d3450dc4ee1.jpg

I then tightly wrapped in foil and another 2 hours later they were at a IT of 200*. Pulled the package off and wrapped in a cooler to rest for an hour. Ready to serve. 

ABRd.thumb.jpg.12d1e20e3b6a81595bc1f2b3950ef323.jpg

These were the best beef ribs I've cooked to date. Of course they were the best beef ribs I've ever bought (TY M & T Meats). The Grill Mates Australia division did a good job with the rub as it tasted fantastic. Besides how else was I going to make American BBQ without  some Australian rub - LOL. 

ABRe.thumb.jpg.83bc3ee2c2663e5ae5df0bb4d23eb2db.jpg

I will say the KK performed flawlessly. During the 5 hours at 210* me and Mrs skreef went to town for almost 1 1/2 hours. Came home and still sitting at 210*. It was running so good I think I could have easily kept it at 180* (of course the meat would probably still be on the grill at that temperature - LOL) 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Tyrus said:

A fantastic cook, a fantastic grill, it all looks scrump deliousish. The pull back was simply marrrvelous.

TY Tyrus - I am so glad I found the new meat market. I've never bought beef ribs that meaty before. And the thin ribs I've bought in the past always came out dry and tough. These were just moist and succulent. That rack cost $25. Although they weren't cheap they were worth every penny. 

• Like 1

Just now, ckreef said:

TY Tyrus - I am so glad I found the new meat market. I've never bought beef ribs that meaty before. And the thin ribs I've bought in the past always came out dry and tough. These were just moist and succulent. That rack cost $25. Although they weren't cheap they were worth every penny. 

I bet, was impressed with the store, happy trails

• Like 1