sfdrew28

Beef rib success.

b6b66ed0a48b92a3f49199365ed7c303.jpg09fcbc8f1791df018604975016f300e7.jpg

Did a low n slow on these ribs at 225 for seven hours and bumped to 300 for the final hour as it was getting too close to dinner. I used a beef rub from Amazing Ribs. I did mix up the cayenne and chili pepper amounts so a tad too much heat but otherwise incredible. Very crusty bark and tender but not fall apart cooked.

One other observation was that I liked these much more than when I braise my ribs. These ribs were less rich but meatier tasting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

They turned out great mate .I love my beef ribs taste awesome the next day as well .I don't use probes just at the end. a decent rack of ribs takes me 5 to 6 hours at 250 .I just go straight all the way no foil no spritzing .at 5 hours I check with the thermopen for temp but most importantly probe tenderness

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 1

Heck yeah! Nicely done. Beef ribs are one of my favorite cooks on the KK. I like them more than brisket. 
From a party last summer. Could have easily done 4 more racks with room to spare.
6EF816AD-F6D0-4300-8DBB-8C5497A9E895.thumb.jpeg.1c162f47ac1ea5f37f3b4b157ebd6738.jpeg

As I was eating them I was thinking the same thing regarding liking them better than brisket. This has jumped over lots of my bbq faves.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sfdrew28 said:

b6b66ed0a48b92a3f49199365ed7c303.jpg09fcbc8f1791df018604975016f300e7.jpg

Did a low n slow on these ribs at 225 for seven hours and bumped to 300 for the final hour as it was getting too close to dinner. I used a beef rub from Amazing Ribs. I did mix up the cayenne and chili pepper amounts so a tad too much heat but otherwise incredible. Very crusty bark and tender but not fall apart cooked.

One other observation was that I liked these much more than when I braise my ribs. These ribs were less rich but meatier tasting.

Awesome looking ribs 

11 minutes ago, tony b said:

Thanks all!

Unfortunately that knife isn't available anymore on Amazon. It was a great deal ($75).

I have a knife just like that. I compared the stamps, different blade Smith. Paid $85 for mine from CKTG. It's one of my favorites. If someone breaks into the house and I can't get to the guns that's the knife I'm grabbing. Always thought it would make a perfect slasher knife - LOL 

18 hours ago, ckreef said:

Always thought it would make a perfect slasher knife - LOL 

I'll have to remember that in case my house is broken into!

Here's the link in Amazon to my knife - better pictures.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I06P3Z8

Found this one that's available, same size as mine, but slightly higher price ($83). Don't know the quality of the steel on this one?

https://smile.amazon.com/Tojiro-Shiro-ko-Kasumi-Yanagi-11-7/dp/B003VMBXV4

Same company, but a higher grade of steel (MV) and the price goes up, as expected ($91). Still a pretty good price for an entry level Japanese knife.

https://smile.amazon.com/Tojiro-Fujitora-MV-Yanagi-Sashimi-11-8/dp/B071HKLRQ1

Edited by tony b