Tangles

New landscaping for the KK

Hi All,

Been a while since I posted. Have been lurking and admiring all the awesome cooking pictures. 

Late year year, we decided to get rid of my vegetable patch and chooks and replace it with a pool and outdoor entertainment area. We thought that the KK deserved an area of it's own. Pictures of chook pen followed by Norbert El Drac's new home follows. I promise the chooks were not harmed in the process  ;-) 

IMG_0508.thumb.JPG.8af0c6bbb9df8e45255e25e9d4546067.JPG

IMG_0516.thumb.JPG.36c5eaee8df5cf3cf3457a8f642d5300.JPG

IMG_7377.thumb.JPG.ab28ec31dd3551c1f6db2ed1f07a6593.JPG

IMG_7385.thumb.JPG.865e8ecd1cd912da098ebb42bcaa6266.JPG

IMG_2970.thumb.jpg.468a69f1ff5535d39d4cf946f36116a2.jpg

IMG_2920.thumb.jpg.fad1a37e641d30dbbb4af0813c5b6e2b.jpg

I do owe Dennis a review write up as it's been a good 6 month since we have purchased it. We have been using the KK on the weekends. I used the rotisserie cradle for the first time on the weekend. Took me a while to work it out but thanks to the forum managed to unstick the left hand side so I could fit the cradle in. I actually need to cut the rod going into the motor as it's too long. Managed to get some wood clamps to hold the motor to get me through the cook this time. That was Saturday. Sunday was pizza and I also made some bread. Didn't take any pics of the weekend cook. 

A couple of weeks ago we had family over from Seattle. I hear the Americans like to super size their food so I cooked a 4.5kg boston butt, 5 baby back ribs and a near 3kg tomahawk. Wifey did a whole heaps of salads... we did have some left overs but it was a good cook up. Time it so the KK was going all night and day. Great fun!

IMG_2768.thumb.JPG.c130607b604cc455a5b3a32c79b69e63.JPG

IMG_2770.thumb.jpg.ebac12077864dff68f2cb0232ee4b870.jpg

Sorry for the heavy amount of pictures. 

• Like 6

Hi All,
Been a while since I posted. Have been lurking and admiring all the awesome cooking pictures. 
Late year year, we decided to get rid of my vegetable patch and chooks and replace it with a pool and outdoor entertainment area. We thought that the KK deserved an area of it's own. Pictures of chook pen followed by Norbert El Drac's new home follows. I promise the chooks were not harmed in the process  ;-) 
IMG_0508.thumb.JPG.8af0c6bbb9df8e45255e25e9d4546067.JPG
IMG_0516.thumb.JPG.36c5eaee8df5cf3cf3457a8f642d5300.JPG
IMG_7377.thumb.JPG.ab28ec31dd3551c1f6db2ed1f07a6593.JPG
IMG_7385.thumb.JPG.865e8ecd1cd912da098ebb42bcaa6266.JPG
IMG_2970.thumb.jpg.468a69f1ff5535d39d4cf946f36116a2.jpg
IMG_2920.thumb.jpg.fad1a37e641d30dbbb4af0813c5b6e2b.jpg
I do owe Dennis a review write up as it's been a good 6 month since we have purchased it. We have been using the KK on the weekends. I used the rotisserie cradle for the first time on the weekend. Took me a while to work it out but thanks to the forum managed to unstick the left hand side so I could fit the cradle in. I actually need to cut the rod going into the motor as it's too long. Managed to get some wood clamps to hold the motor to get me through the cook this time. That was Saturday. Sunday was pizza and I also made some bread. Didn't take any pics of the weekend cook. 
A couple of weeks ago we had family over from Seattle. I hear the Americans like to super size their food so I cooked a 4.5kg boston butt, 5 baby back ribs and a near 3kg tomahawk. Wifey did a whole heaps of salads... we did have some left overs but it was a good cook up. Time it so the KK was going all night and day. Great fun!
IMG_2768.thumb.JPG.c130607b604cc455a5b3a32c79b69e63.JPG
IMG_2770.thumb.jpg.ebac12077864dff68f2cb0232ee4b870.jpg
Sorry for the heavy amount of pictures. 

Your backyard looks amazing mate congrats the kk blends in nicely .was that from troys

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

Your backyard looks amazing mate congrats the kk blends in nicely .was that from troys

Thanks.
Yes from Troys. I am in there every other week. I tend to stock up for 2-3 weeks at a time. Great bloke. Great produce and prices. Kids love the gusface burger mince.

Been using the heat beads charcoal as you recommended as well. Was using mallee for a while but the heat beads seem to be better size chunks. Been using banksia cones for smoking. They are great!
  • Like 1

Thanks.
Yes from Troys. I am in there every other week. I tend to stock up for 2-3 weeks at a time. Great bloke. Great produce and prices. Kids love the gusface burger mince.

Been using the heat beads charcoal as you recommended as well. Was using mallee for a while but the heat beads seem to be better size chunks. Been using banksia cones for smoking. They are great!
Gusface is a nice mix. Yeah the heat beads is all i use consistent size. .did you get down to smoking in the port

Wow! What a transformation in your yard, beautiful. KK looks great, that steak looks humongous how much did it weigh? Must have been tasty.

Thanks Bruce. It was 2.7kg - very tasty. My dachshund get very excited when we cook these. He loves the leftovers and the bone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Gusface is a nice mix. Yeah the heat beads is all i use consistent size. .did you get down to smoking in the port

I only just heard about smoking in the port. I need to join some clubs to find out when these events happen. I only knew as Troy posted something.

• Like 1

Jaw droppingly beautiful setting [mention=2957]tangles163[/mention].  I had a good butcher when I lived in Sydney but you guys in WA look like you are up another level with your meat.  Might one day persuade me that it is worth making the journey west!

Go west life is peaceful there lol .we are a pretty laid back mob compared to the east .with the most stunning outback and beaches. plus we have rotto home to the quokka. How cute. e6c8ab205b62ff046ec8ea4002beb0a9.jpg 

• Like 1

Go west life is peaceful there lol.we are a pretty laid back mob compared to the east .with the most stunning outback and beaches.plus we have rotto home to the quokka. e6c8ab205b62ff046ec8ea4002beb0a9.jpg 

Have to agree with Aussie. Lived in Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and London. Perth is the best.

Gotta love the quokkas

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Ora said:

The friendly face is just a ploy check out the claws lol

So true - that is what I noticed first!!

I love Australia but realise that I have spent all my time and visits there clinging to the east coast.  I have driven all over NSW, and have been to Melbourne, Darwin and Brisbane but never West.  I have genuinely never had an incentive to take that extra plane journey.  Your meat just might swing it!  Although I do love a lost afternoon or two in Movida Next Door in Melbourne.

• Like 1

So true - that is what I noticed first!!
I love Australia but realise that I have spent all my time and visits there clinging to the east coast.  I have driven all over NSW, and have been to Melbourne, Darwin and Brisbane but never West.  I have genuinely never had an incentive to take that extra plane journey.  Your meat just might swing it!  Although I do love a lost afternoon or two in Movida Next Door in Melbourne.
I used to live in Darwin ,worked on the Prawn trawlers .best seafood I've seen in my life. If you head down to the kimberlys there is some awesome nature going on .then to broome

• Like 2