Jon B.

Hey MacKenzie......Wanna Bet???????

1 hour ago, MacKenzie said:

Congratulations, Jon. :-D What a great hard fought game, it had everything a fan could want. :smt060 I am exhausted.  Only one thing left, Jon you need to send my a personal message with your mailing address. :) I am taking my empties to the recycle depot today. ;) 

It was a hard fought battle and could have gone either way.  I do feel for Team Canada losing such a close match.

Note:  MacKenzie and I are in the middle of intense negotiations as to the secret BBQ "recycle empties" bet payment.

Hopefully, if and when we come to an agreement, the final plans will be announced. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jon B. said:

It was a hard fought battle and could have gone either way.  I do feel for Team Canada losing such a close match.

Note:  MacKenzie and I are in the middle of intense negotiations as to the secret BBQ "recycle empties" bet payment.

Hopefully, if and when we come to an agreement, the final plans will be announced. 

Jon, I have my agents watching her house, if she tries to run or swim to Europe....We'll let you know.

14 minutes ago, Tyrus said:

Jon, I have my agents watching her house, if she tries to run or swim to Europe....We'll let you know.

Gosh, I hope she doesn't go on the lam or visit the Queen...............trying to get cooking lessons as my payment!!!  (Will settle for photography lessons).  :-D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jon B. said:

The results of the negotiations are final........................I was told by MacKenzie, in no uncertain terms,  that the bet was for a "surprise BBQ care package" and what part of "surprise" didn't I understand???? :smt021

Teach her to mess with a master negotiator like me!!!!! :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Awesome. Wish that I could have stayed awake for all of it, but I faded half-way into the 2nd period. Canucks were up 2 to 1 at that point. I was shocked to read this morning that we'd won in a shoot out!! But, more surprising was that there was no overtime period, they went straight to the shoot out instead of overtime???

Women's finals of figure skating tonight!

There was a period with 4 on 4 and no goals so then they went to 5 players from each team taking turns with a shot at the goalie, turn about and ended with 2 goals for each team so then they went to the next phase, one player from each team turn about and it was at this point the US scored and the Canadians didn't score so that was the end of the game. What a way to end a gold medal game. 

So they did follow "classical" hockey OT protocols. I gathered from the online comments that they had done something unique, as I was seeing complaints about the format. 

And, yes, to get to a sudden death shoot out is seriously rare in hockey - at any level. Tells you how evenly matched the teams were!

So they did follow "classical" hockey OT protocols. I gathered from the online comments that they had done something unique, as I was seeing complaints about the format. 
And, yes, to get to a sudden death shoot out is seriously rare in hockey - at any level. Tells you how evenly matched the teams were!
For the OT period they used 4 players per side instead of the normal 5 players.