Just came in the mail. I saw a program last week on TV and the Guide on this show took us around the back alleys of Istanbul where their most ethnic markets and restaurants are. I enjoyed the show and thought maybe I could capture a little of that at home. Does anyone have a familiarity or experience using this spice or am I looking into an empty pot so to speak. I recently bought a container of John Henry's Summer Peach Rub and as instructed used it on a brisket. The brisket was cooked correctly, but the rub killed the Brisket to the point it went into the trash. That was a first. I've used  Morrocan spice on chicken and felt that was very good if used with a little sea salt. Anyhow Thanks for whatever you have to offer

DSCF2094.JPG

Edited by Tyrus
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Shuley said:

I tried the peach rub as well.  I love peaches so I thought I'd love adding it to pork or chicken dishes.  Nope.  It is definitely not for me.  I should really throw it away before I get tempted to use it again,.

Thanks, I can't think anything off the top of my head to pair it with.  They put recommendations on the label saying it goes well with this and that and it really doesn't.

Just now, tony b said:

I've tried Baharat, as I like Moroccan spice blends like that - Berbere, Ras El Hanout, etc. It's good. I tend to gravitate towards Berbere more, as it has more kick. One off the wall use is on fish/seafood. 

Thanks, I'll try it some lamb first and if it needs a boost will add some Cayenne or do a blend. There was an Ethiopian spice that looked promising, orange in color, I think that was the Berbere. Will keep the fish seafood use on the rolodex and bring it around later