DJM

Scent of Delicious

Ever notice how amazingly delicious your clothes smell after cooking on your KK?  At first I thought it was just me, but lately I’ve noticed my kids and wife tell me I smell good after cooking.  Even the dog follows me around after dinner like a piece of meat.  Didn’t have the same experience on my gas grill or water smoker (smelled more like a chimney).  This could be the next big Kickstarter idea.  Who wants in?  We’ll need a catchy name.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

LOL, I hope you have a small dog.emoji4.png

Mac, luckily it’s a small dog.  He’s a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, the ultimate lap dog.  Most damage he’ll do is jump on my lap and lick my shirt.  At first it’s kind of funny watching him go to town, then quickly realize my shirt is wet.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, DJM said:

He’s a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, the ultimate lap dog.

PICTURES, please!! Here are my 2 - Kipper (tri color) and Missy (Blenheim)!

20131107_082007.thumb.jpg.592448f64e226626562a871fca667573.jpg

I owned another one before Missy, my 1st Cavie - Guinness. He was a sweetheart, but lost him at 7 years from heart problems (very common in Cavs.)

190025_10150133464853857_162704028856_6732224_488493_n.jpg.ec55ee45397de8e8b55238d63ab5bf9d.jpg

• Like 2

Tony your dogs are adorable.  Our first cavalier (Winston) died at 7 years as well from heart problems.  This is our current dog Hunter and boy is his name fitting.  

44E9098B-9324-4B7E-A589-2FB3153E7199.thumb.jpeg.f4741d1817ff885ce2eecfae06ecbd70.jpeg

He barks at chases everything and goes completely nuts when he sees animals (or shadows) on TV.  His fur on his head is longer than most other cavaliers so the kids sometimes give him a spike (think unicorn or as my kids call him a poochicorn).  

0B8FDFE6-9315-4513-B1FF-59B82145FF89.thumb.jpeg.6f484e0b03fb4ba02002034e2569ad00.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2018 at 2:00 PM, tony b said:

Hunter reminds me of Guinness in many ways! He barked and went crazy when he saw other animals on the TV, too. But, I never "poochiecorned" him! LOL 

They certainly are an amazing breed of dog!  My kids have made Hunter’s fur look like a mohawk and parted it down the middle pulling it forward to appear that he has huge eyebrows.  As long as he can sit on someone’s lap, he doesn’t care.  But when it comes to brushing he hates it with a passion.  He growls, barks and bites the brush constantly (of course he gets knots regularly).  

Love the tag line "If you can't actually wear meat, at least smell like it!"

18 hours ago, DJM said:

But when it comes to brushing he hates it with a passion.  He growls, barks and bites the brush constantly (of course he gets knots regularly).

Missy just squirms constantly making it exceedingly difficult to brush her, but fortunately she doesn't mat nearly as badly as Kipper. His hair is finer texture and mats easily. He likes being brushed as long as I don't snag a mat and pull. Then, he'll whip around and bite at me/the brush. He doesn't bite, just lets you know he's not happy! Eventually, he says, "Enough," and he hops off my lap regardless. But, still expects a treat for putting up with the "torture." LOL