amusedtodeath

New 21" Supreme

To the best of my recollection, it was sometime in 2005 that the name Dennis Linkletter and Komodo Kamado came into my world. Everything I read about it, Naked Whiz review, etc., reinforced my feeling that this was my dream cooker. Over time, I kept checking the website hoping for some magic half price sale or something that could get me past the price of the 23" Ultimate... I went on this way for many years, making do with two Bge cookers, and finally, the stars have aligned, and the size and price point of Dennis' newest pride, the 21" Supreme, combined for me to pull the trigger. I finally get my dream cooker. (My wife got landscaping)  I am so excited. It's weird that I can't find any other buyers of this latest design on the forum - I'll try to be helpful and post some pictures when it comes and I fire it up. I've used tricks and work-arounds to cook great meals on inferior cookers for all these years, and this is exhilarating to finally get The One that I knew was my ultimate idea of Craftsmanship. Thank you, Dennis, and I Can't Wait!!!

I got the charcoal basket splitter, top grid stone, and grid grippers for accessories. Maybe in future rotisserie parts, or that extremely awesome teak cabinet with granite inlay. Restrained myself from the side tables and double bottom drip pan which I would have loved, but I was struggling mightily to hold down the add-ons. Damn, I'm ready to light the first fire in my new baby. Very happy to be here, folks. 

Dave

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

Dave, just wait until you see it for real, you think you are thrilled now. :-D Not only is it stunning in real life the taste of the food moves up to another level. :drinkers: Can't wait to see your pixs. What colour did you order and when do you expect to take delivery?

That choice was far more difficult than I was prepared for... Man, I struggled greatly with the color choice, but with some help from the wife, I went with glossy cobalt blue. It was the color of the very first Kamodo that I ever saw a picture of. I loved three other of the colors in stock, so I was damnably perplexed, and I would have liked pebble, but there were none available, and now that I was ready, there was no way I was going to wait any longer!!! Any and all of them would have been beautiful, so I told myself there was no "wrong" choice. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the Obsession! As others have said, seeing is truly believing when it finally arrives! As a practiced ceramic cooker, you will also be impressed by the differences between what you're cooking on now and your new toy and the outcomes that it produces. And, as always, pictures are most welcomed here! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

Congrats mate .you are going to be smiling for days once it rocks up .be prepared for when your wife notices you .admiring it at weird hours of the day lol

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

Yeah, she is already catching me staring off into space alot, but she doesn't bother asking me what I'm thinking about...she knows...

Monday or Tuesday will be the big day❗ I don't know if I'll be able to take my eyes off it when it's actually here. We'll have to buy more cloud storage to hold all the pictures I'll be taking...

• Like 3

Her Blueness arrived this morning! Everything went well. I've got many pictures to post but I've got to wait until tonight or tomorrow afternoon... Any tips for uploading pictures here would be welcome. She is bluuuutiful!!! Thanks to all for the incredibly helpful posts here. They were a huge help in the uncrating and moving. Thank you Dennis!