tekobo

Smash! Burgers

Dennis introduced me to the concept of smash burgers while we were discussing what accessories to get.  When he realised I was completely ignorant of the subject he sent me this link: https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/the-ba-smash-burger

My KKs arrived and I forgot all about smash burgers until, by chance, I came across this short but fabulous post on the forum:

I have now had smash burgers two weekends running and they are great.  Still working on getting those edges super crispy but The Husband and I are happy with the results so far.

Introducing the burgers to the KK.

fullsizeoutput_8f3.thumb.jpeg.bae6648b3e55f9c75a837ea2c014f7ea.jpeg

First batch done

fullsizeoutput_8f2.thumb.jpeg.73c14131d2b15bfdbb05a24198dbf75b.jpeg

Topped with pan fried foie gras

ttEpq9QgQq6c7Zja4NpWsA.thumb.jpg.055763dcd112901e43ece5548356e15a.jpg

Second batch topped with bacon and cheese.  In honour of @Aussie Ora's Wagyu fries and Dennis' foie gras fat popcorn, we fried the bacon in the foie gras fat and dribbled some on the buns for good measure.  Yummy!

5ac08931e99e8_y8F62oBxTUauhB7id7nFg.thumb.jpg.eb29e0ef97302f9ba848ccb574fc72ec.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Gloruss said:

Can you do Smash burgers on the pizza stone?

I suppose it is possible but I do not think they'd turn out well at all.. bad sticking and not enough heat transfer to the burgers.. you need a griddle type surface to do smash burgers properly.

• Like 2