tekobo

La Chamba from Columbia to the US to the UK to Me!

That's a lot of pressure Bruce, picking something that is worthy of your dad's pot.  I have two things in mind.  The first calls for ouzo and olives.  I don't actually like either.  The Husband has suggested substituting Pernod.  I don't much like Pernod either.  Happily, I have found a substitute online that I do like the sound of - vodka and anise seed.  Less overpowering that the other two.  Trying to force myself away from my go to French standard so will see if this adapted Greek recipe works.

• Like 2

Close, @tony b.  I picked up some cheap pig cheeks at the supermarket.  Normally I would use them in a bourguignon recipe but yesterday I made up the Le Pigeon recipe for pork cheeks with ouzo and feta.  This is the first stage, waiting to go in the KK in the La Chamba saute pan.  It went in after my pizza cook and cooked overnight in the residual heat.  Will form part of a future meal so you'll have to wait for the verdict on the taste.  I did use the olives and Pernod in the end.  

5acb104ae1f97_lYSzV8HVQiV8geLTyyF3A.thumb.jpg.1ee3385364e039317d9aadc1a31c7657.jpg

• Like 4

Just to close off the story, this is what happened to the pig cheeks:

0j4cb0BTQ6CK7zjeb1pu4w.thumb.jpg.cfcd887aba1b558e398102611b5c552d.jpg

5ad3988125a69_kF3YffUHQcW0LrTu2zopQ.thumb.jpg.dfbb779600c5b78ed32b43e94c073750.jpg

What did I learn?  That the folk at Le Pigeon are geniuses.  Their recipe makes pig cheeks taste light and summery.  I also learned that cooking in a pot in the KK while it warms up is a good idea, putting a La Chamba pot in at the end of a pizza cook is not such a good idea.  It was risky for the pot but I was lucky and it didn't get upset at being shoved into a super hot KK.  It was also risky for the food as it dried out the contents quicker than I would have liked.  A bit of extra chicken stock sorted that out and I had a yummy week day meal.  

• Like 2