ckreef

Unboxing New WFO - crazy delivery story.

Ordered  a WFO from a company in AR. Delivery was going along as expected until it got to a local delivery terminal/company. There it sat for 3 days. They wouldn't answer their phone or respond to emails. Not a peep from them. Yesterday about 1:30pm they called. We're about to deliver your pizza oven in an hour. I laughed at them since I was 2 hours from the house. Ohh - they decided to deliver it today instead (so much for delivery appointments). I would be the last on the truck making it the first to deliver. I stayed home from work today patiently waiting. 

Around 9:30am got a call. The guys screwed up and put it first on the truck making me the last delivery stop. Fine! As long as it delivers today. I went to work for a couple of hours then once again came home and  patiently waited. 

At 3:30pm got another phone call. We have a problem, the delivery truck broke down on the exit ramp to your house. I have the part needed to repair it. Any mechanics near by? Otherwise we're going to have to tow the truck out of there. 

WOW, not so fast!  I know I can solve my problem and I'll try and solve yours. Bring the part to the truck and I'll bring tools. So basically using my tools, me and the driver fixed the truck and my WFO finally arrived at the house. The bright side of the story is the owner of the delivery company gave me $80 for helping fix his truck and the WFO was sitting in the yard just were I needed it - LOL 

Here is the broke down truck. That's my orange tool box. Also notice the trailer behind my car. That oven was coming home one way or another. 

WFODa.thumb.jpg.ac226d80a7bc84278285734e8d14de45.jpg

So here it is finally arriving about 6pm.

WFODb.thumb.jpg.38f1c1b43d08afcf9715bbbd75c71596.jpg

Look at the determination. I didn't know Mrs skreef was snapping pictures. I was a little preoccupied. 

WFODc.thumb.jpg.dd9c427804c30a1e754d0fe62be45dbb.jpg

WFOd.thumb.jpg.ea6f6a9c7f4493f7b4dcdb03e32f98e1.jpg

The red thing is a 4' level for size reference. 

WFODe.thumb.jpg.8e8f5b2b0ee60a6ac1f527fffa19ad8f.jpg

WFODf.thumb.jpg.cf582d198bacc36f08621191e6e3daf8.jpg

The inside. 

WFODh.thumb.jpg.f21adc65187024ddf8d6dba7a6dd54d3.jpg

WFODg.thumb.jpg.36aaf309dc92649b6b0a7e36ad27f0d7.jpg

The door, thermometer and free ceramic baking dish. 

WFODj.thumb.jpg.572f1b2dff12386a5ddd6d9dd8c46092.jpg

This thing is huge. Can't wait to build a stand and get it fired up. I also ordered a SS chimney extender and rain cap. More to come over the next month or so. 

WFODi.thumb.jpg.aa097abe7336c278b061950b60ac1ed5.jpg

WFODk.thumb.jpg.bc49f0ca08e2d47fee3bdb9ce7754e53.jpg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, sfdrew28 said:

Beautiful! Can’t wait to see what you pull out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After purchasing 2 KK's I wanted a WFO that had a similar Artisan look to it. The moment I saw a picture of it I knew that was the one. 

3 hours ago, Paul said:

That's a good looking WFO. What company made it?

It was handmade in Portugal by a company called  Impex Fire. I purchased it from Authentic Pizza Ovens in Scottsdale, AR. They have a time lapse video of a similar model being made. Very impress video. A fair amount of refractory cement goes into it along with a inner layer of insulation. 

We just watched a netflix documentary about pizza and have declared tonight pizza night.  I know you are the expert @ckreef but I am not sure where to find the definitive recipes. Did a search and saw that you had tried four different doughs but need to keep searching for the definitive tutorial.  Grateful if you could post a link just in case I can't find it...

It was coming home with me one way or another especially after basically sitting around all day waiting. 

It great that you can get on the tools to fix vehicles. I used to fix and service my own cars a long time ago. Now days, the engine bay is so tight and full of electronics. There’s no way I could work on the modern engine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, ckreef said:

Also notice the trailer behind my car. That oven was coming home one way or another. 

WFODi.thumb.jpg.aa097abe7336c278b061950b60ac1ed5.jpg

WFODk.thumb.jpg.bc49f0ca08e2d47fee3bdb9ce7754e53.jpg

@ckreef, the smile on your face as you stand by your awesome new baby says it all! That is a beautiful oven. Is it wrong for us all to covet that thing? :x   I went through a similar three day adventure with the delivery of my new KK. Like you, it took a proactive approach to get that thing to my house... But, Oh, was it worth it! Can't wait to see your new wfo in place and in action. Really like the extended chimney. 

ck, wow, what an experience. I read your post in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep then went to sleep and had an awful dream about that miserable delivery you had. :(:(:(   Now that I'm wide awake it all seems better that it is sitting in your yard. :) It looks beautiful and I can't wait to see it on it's stand. That first fire is going to be a sight to behold. :) Sk, keep that camera rolling. :-D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tangles163 said:

It great that you can get on the tools to fix vehicles. I used to fix and service my own cars a long time ago. Now days, the engine bay is so tight and full of electronics. There’s no way I could work on the modern engine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't let this story fool you. I hate doing mechanic work. When I was young I worked on cars. Too old and make enough money not to fool with that anymore. I'll work on my motorcycle only because I don't trust anyone. It all came down to a quick/easy fix wasn't going to get between me and the WFO. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tekobo said:

We just watched a netflix documentary about pizza and have declared tonight pizza night.  I know you are the expert @ckreef but I am not sure where to find the definitive recipes. Did a search and saw that you had tried four different doughs but need to keep searching for the definitive tutorial.  Grateful if you could post a link just in case I can't find it...

I'll see if I can post up some links later this weekend. My pizza game is ever evolving. I'm hoping to really take it to the next level with this new acquisition.