ckreef

Unboxing New WFO - crazy delivery story.

39 minutes ago, ckreef said:

If you ever have an extra long layover at ATL let us know. Me and Mrs skreef will grab you up, feed you some (hopefully) awesome pizza and deliver you back just in time to catch your connecting flight. 

That is actually an airport I have never been to..... But I'll have to keep that in mind :)

11 minutes ago, cschaaf said:

Wow! That thing looks amazing. 

One of these days, I'll make it up there and will let you show me how it's done! 

Cschaaf, you know you're always welcome anytime :)  We'll even stop by M&T Meats on the way out and set you up with some veal Tomahawk steaks. The very best cut of steak you'll ever experience. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ckreef said:

We'll even stop by M&T Meats on the way out and set you up with some veal Tomahawk steaks. The very best cut of steak you'll ever experience. 

Boy, that brings back memories. Before I retired, I commuted between Douglas and Fayetteville every week, preferring to take country roads home vs. I-75. I would carry an empty cooler down to Douglas, and fill it up at M&T on my way home. I loved that place. I don't miss the commute, but I sure miss my regular stop there. It's been more than four years since I was last there. 

How do you grill the veal? I've been seeing some decent looking veal chops at our local Publix(sadly, no butcher shop anywhere nearby), and have thought about giving them a try. Do you grill it the same as your regular beef steaks, to medium rare, or a little closer to medium? Kind of weird I've just never grilled any veal steaks. I use ground veal always when I make Bolognese sauce or meatloaf. 

2 hours ago, amusedtodeath said:

Boy, that brings back memories. Before I retired, I commuted between Douglas and Fayetteville every week, preferring to take country roads home vs. I-75. I would carry an empty cooler down to Douglas, and fill it up at M&T on my way home. I loved that place. I don't miss the commute, but I sure miss my regular stop there. It's been more than four years since I was last there. 

How do you grill the veal? I've been seeing some decent looking veal chops at our local Publix(sadly, no butcher shop anywhere nearby), and have thought about giving them a try. Do you grill it the same as your regular beef steaks, to medium rare, or a little closer to medium? Kind of weird I've just never grilled any veal steaks. I use ground veal always when I make Bolognese sauce or meatloaf. 

The veal Tomahawks I got last time were about 2" thick. I reverse seared them to md rare. Deeeelicious! 

• Like 1

That's one AAtractive oven and a good story ta boot. I've seen wood frame bases which incorporated a cement top and front storage for these ovens. They take a little planning and shuring up but the look is simply marvelous. Hey' best of luck with your new toy and enjoy.

2 hours ago, Tyrus said:

That's one AAtractive oven and a good story ta boot. I've seen wood frame bases which incorporated a cement top and front storage for these ovens. They take a little planning and shuring up but the look is simply marvelous. Hey' best of luck with your new toy and enjoy.

TY Tyrus, my plan will incorporate a small wood storage area under the oven and a small counter top next to it. 

22 hours ago, ckreef said:

Cschaaf, you know you're always welcome anytime :)  We'll even stop by M&T Meats on the way out and set you up with some veal Tomahawk steaks. The very best cut of steak you'll ever experience. 

I'll have to remember to bring the cooler. We forget to take a cooler probably 75% of the time when we go to Costco, so my confidence level is low.

Also, if my car breaks down on the way there, I now know who to call. ;) 

8 minutes ago, cschaaf said:

I'll have to remember to bring the cooler. We forget to take a cooler probably 75% of the time when we go to Costco, so my confidence level is low.

Also, if my car breaks down on the way there, I now know who to call. ;) 

I keep a cooler permanently installed in the back of the car. Where I live any ride to the grocery store is somewhat of an adventure. 

25 minutes ago, Stile88 said:

wow what a beauty CK that is one hell of a brick oven cant wait to see the pies coming out of that thing ...

now you could of just got the 42 lol the weight is close enough.

Congrats my friend

The weight maybe close but this was definitely easier on the wallet. It was also an easier sell to Mrs skreef. Not sure she would have gone for a 3rd KK (4th kamado). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm NOT looking......I'm NOT looking...........I DON'T need any more cooking stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been avoiding stopping at Bosco's house to see his two new cookers for the same reason.........NO will power :oops:

OK Charles...............because it is you...............maybe I'll take a peek.

WoW....that really looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smt023:smt023

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, tony b said:

Speaking of, Where has Bosco been? He hasn't posted here in eons??? At least Doc, Wilbur and Ken pop in at least every few months. 

Spoke to him about a month ago and he said he backed off "social media" and is doing most of his posting on Instagram.  I believe he is still some what active on the Guru site.   We are going to try to get together sometime this summer to solve all the worlds problems over a couple cold ones.