Shuley

Question for all you AU members.

Relatively recently I went to a restaurant that was supposed to be NZ food.  I got a lamb burger that had beet root on it, so I was very excited to try that.  The question I had is what is the "typical" way that beets are served on burgers? Canned, roasted, fresh... Although I can't imagine fresh? 

I was slightly disappointed because I liked the combo and there were just teeny slivers of beet. However, they were extremely generous with the mint jelly..... Which is gross. 

Anyway I am looking forward to having beets on my burgers at home and was just wondering what the most typical route is? I think it's a fabulous combination. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Relatively recently I went to a restaurant that was supposed to be NZ food.  I got a lamb burger that had beet root on it, so I was very excited to try that.  The question I had is what is the "typical" way that beets are served on burgers? Canned, roasted, fresh... Although I can't imagine fresh? 
I was slightly disappointed because I liked the combo and there were just teeny slivers of beet. However, they were extremely generous with the mint jelly..... Which is gross. 

Anyway I am looking forward to having beets on my burgers at home and was just wondering what the most typical route is? I think it's a fabulous combination. 

Hey Shuley, we always typically get beetroot slices out of a can in burgers here.

Usually it’s a burger with the lot which includes beet and egg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What?... no love for Vegemite, i grew up on it.

Here's how i loved it in the morning: on toast with butter, cut in half...wait for it, then i would dunk it in my coffee+milk, don't knock it till you try it :cool:

Sorry OP, beetroot slices out of the can man here as well...while i'm at it try a slice of beet with your next tuna sandwich 

Edited by BonFire
  • Like 1