TheNomad

I’m here now and I’m never leaving!

The timer was stopped at six years and a few odd months when we finally pulled the trigger the other day after a few weeks of talking to Dennis who is a true gem of a human being. 

Our 23” inch Terra Blue with almost all the accessories it can come with will be arriving on Friday the 13th! 

I wanted to say that we are very excited to finally be a member of this awesome worldwide family and look forward to posting pictures of the arrival and virgin cooks next week. 

• Like 8

15 hours ago, TheNomad said:

The timer was stopped at six years and a few odd months when we finally pulled the trigger the other day after a few weeks of talking to Dennis who is a true gem of a human being. 

Yeah, it's funny how it takes so many of us so long to acclimatise to the idea of spending that much money on a cooker and then when you do finally take the leap you wonder what took you so long!  Welcome. 

• Like 1

She arrived in great form without a scratch. The Dragon Egg is so gorgeous! I can’t beleive how much better it looks and feels in person. 

I will be posting the unpacking photos later on today, but here she is in her spot inside the garage. I have about a half an inch drop from garage to pavement, I’m buying an aluminum door threshold from Lowes  today to fasten to the floor for easy roll in/roll out. 

- 2 side tables 

- teak grate grabbers

- 8” rotisserie rack

- pizza stone 

- charcoal basket splitter 

I also carefully removed one of the “Komodo Kamado” signs with my wife’s idea and put it up on the wall! Badass! 

More pics to follow! Doing the burn today after work to be ready for my Spare rib and pork belly weekend festival this weekend. 

C79B6A25-D974-474C-86E5-65E3C90F30C0.jpeg

351745CF-4AFE-4206-884E-C58863EF53C3.jpeg

Edited by TheNomad
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, Pequod said:

Gorgeous grill!

Dennis will soon be here to tell you your side tables are on backward. 

Uh-oh! I’ll blame it on the warehouse. My tables were returned by a previous customer for all teak ones and I guess they swapped boxes when they repacked them LOL! 

18 minutes ago, 5698k said:

Looks like you’re ready to go!

Just an FYI, the burn in isn’t necessary before any cooks below roughly 350°, you can cook as much as you like. By all means though, do the burn in when you’re ready.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes sir! Made sense to me in the owners manual Dennis emailed to me. Might as well get it out of the way! Got the ribs marinating in some home made dry rub already!