ckreef

WFO Installation Thread

23 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

Awesome, it looks fantastic and there's my fire. :smt060:drinkers::smt041 That has got to be a relief.:smt003

Everything was done and pictures taken by noon. Didn't want to post them until I had a first fire picture. After we cleaned up we went to town to take my son for his birthday dinner. When we came back from an early dinner I lit the fire, took the final picture and then posted them. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, tangles163 said:

What great pictures. Looks like a fantastic project and I am sure the food will be great. 

It really is a fantastic project. Over the next couple of weeks we'll put the finishing touches on it. There'll be more pictures coming in the future. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

Happy birthday to Hawke. :) :smt041

19 on Monday 5/7. He wanted to go Mexican and celebrate Cinco De Mayo. We went to the best Mexican restaurant in Macon, GA. The restaurant was in crazy mode. We got there at 3:30 pm and still had a 20 minute wait. Sure glad we went early. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ckreef said:

It's been a long tiring week but so glad we've started the burn in fires. Next week going to lay the pavers. If I get my act together I might be able to cook a couple of pizzas next weekend ;)

Wow, it has been a really productive week.  The WFO looks great in-situ and I am so excited about the food bit.  Roll on pizza night!

7 hours ago, tekobo said:

Wow, it has been a really productive week.  The WFO looks great in-situ and I am so excited about the food bit.  Roll on pizza night!

TY tekobo. I'm probably going to do a test pizza dough this week since I'll be using a new recipe. Want to make sure I have my ducks in a row before pizza night. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, amusedtodeath said:

Y'all are just awesome. What a fantastic job.  Mrs. and me send our whole-hearted congratulations! 

TY amusedtodeath. Mrs skreef has been a really great sport about my crazy cooking adventures. After she endured buying 2 KK's nothing seems that crazy anymore - LOL 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bruce Pearson said:

Such a sweet set up!! Nice job putting the whole thing together. A really nice family project. Can’t wait to see the pizzas rolling out of your new addition.

Burn in fire two happening as I type this. I'm hoping to do a pizza cook next weekend. 

Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

I am looking forward to seeing a pix when you have the hardwood in the woodbin. That is going to push it over the top.:) 

Here you go. Kiln dried mini splits of oak. On the right, 2 bins fit perfectly. It was like they were made for my setup. One bin to hold small items (gloves, hatchet, infrared gun etc......). The other bin filled with Kindling from the backyard woods. 

woodA.thumb.jpg.386eb4bdf214e81b0cb1daef6b9d56fc.jpg

woodB.thumb.jpg.66729f0ac24c7267a17b58703c10d0cf.jpg

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Grant said:

It has turned out great CK!   Thanks for all the posts that have allowed us to watch a fantastic plan come together.   Can’t wait to see the cooks!

TY Grant. I'm excited to go through the live fire learning curve. Awesome cooks (and I'm sure some duds) coming soon.