ckreef

WFO Installation Thread

Burn number 5 (final burn in) happening tonight. Will probably do one more tomorrow night going up to 750*-800* just to play at full temperature. 

Also a couple of nights ago I started a new Neopolitan dough recipe to test out tonight (form pizza  doughs). I used my live starter instead of dry yeast. Was easy to work with. Stretched good, didn't tear. Transfered to the peel without issue and slid around the peel no problem. Should be able to easily hand launch this recipe. 

Also have a couple of oven/pizza tools on the way. Shipping notification says Friday delivery. We might actually try a pizza cook this weekend :)

td1.thumb.jpg.56ef11c1cfbde267d2556e2554dd788e.jpg

td2.thumb.jpg.425a91f37a99a72939607cccf181bf05.jpg

• Like 4

My new pizza tools showed up today from GIMETAL USA. We're going to have pizza for Sunday lunch. Dough is in autolyze stage as I type this. 

Interesting customer service story. They actually sent me the wrong brush head. I ordered the rectangular 8" head. They sent me the more expensive horse shoe head. Called them up this afternoon. They said they would send the correct head and a return shipping label to send back the horse shoe head. But how am I going to do a pizza cook this weekend as I need an oven brush? My suggestion was sell me the correct head at a reduced price (with free shipping) and I'll keep both heads so I can use the horse shoe head this weekend. They were kewl with that idea so in the end I got both heads and handle. After all was said and done I paid for the horse shoe brush and got a free rectangular head. 

newtools1.thumb.jpg.f616f9f9a5ac609dea0b1fd11c9d915c.jpg

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Pequod said:

Those GI Metal peels are very nice. They’re the peel of choice over at pizzamaking.com. Definitely be getting those if/when I get my WFO someday. 

GIMETAL stuff is high quality but definitely not cheap. What you see was $200. 

12 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

I am waiting for Sun., more like hanging on until Sun. to see this pizza cook. :smt026

I do know how to stretch a thread out, don't I? ;)

Seriously though I have to let the dough rise through it's different phases. I could probably do Saturday night but have flat iron steak and crab cakes for that dinner. 

BTW - nope not feeling any pressure at all - LOL - sure hope I don't screw this up to bad on Sunday. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Pequod said:

I think on Instagram there’s a way for us to watch your first bake live. Hint hint.

For some reason I can no longer get on my Instagram account and have not been successful recovering my account. Besides I don't have a proper web cam. Maybe I'll work on that idea in the future. 

For now I'll try and take a bunch of pictures. 

Initial install of the pavers is complete. I do think I want to dig up and redo my back left step. It's supposed to rain on Tuesday and Wednesday, we'll see what we end up with after that before I do any tweaking. 

pavers1.thumb.jpg.a4ee4576865ea2880a1334b7db4e9c77.jpg

Edited by ckreef
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

It is Sunday, is lunch ready????????????????? :smt077

LOL - I figured that was coming. It's 7 am, I got to sleep in today :)

I am starting to get my brain in gear. It only takes an hour or so to come to temp so I got some time still. We are definitely a go, coming soon. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Shuley said:

We are all quivering in anticipation. 

Nope no pressure.......

Balls in their final proof. Non cooked pizza sauce made with San Marzano tomatoes ready to go. In a little bit I'll go in and prep the toppings and fire the oven up. 

dbncs1.thumb.jpg.09124c96e6495d4f0b5281dd0a8b23c1.jpg

Edited by ckreef
Forgot the picture - LOL
  • Like 4