MacKenzie

Spring Bacon

Thanks, sk, I appreciate your comments. The KK held the smoking temp perfectly, it is so easy. The whole house smells like bacon, Fabreze should be so lucky to smell like this.  

Looks delish. Did you smoke at 250 to internal temp of around 150?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Yes, that is great and it will keep better that way for sure but it won't keep forever. I vacuum seal mine too but I have a slice for breakfast so it doesn't last that long in my freezer. I have no idea how long it will keep. There is a lot of fat and I find that is what goes bad first.

That bacon looks really good Mac! I’ll have to get mine out and make some bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches.

i received my dizzy pig rubs today and have attached a picture Wow this should last a long time. The two on the left second from top and top are not dizzy pig. The one on top is my go to rub in the past. Now where to put them lol

39EEB3EA-5FDB-4D4E-9B65-2889CDE48E55.jpeg

0A77E625-278E-40DE-837E-9FB496B772EA.jpeg

Edited by Bruce Pearson
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bruce Pearson said:

I just received some prime rib of pork any suggestions on rub to use? Mac if you see somethinh you like I’ll send it to you. I’m not going to be able to use all these. I really don’t cook that much, I’m trying, but cooking for one just doesn’t work for me

And it works for me, too. Not a valid excuse Bruce, get out there and show us your stuff!! 

And for all things pork, you can't go wrong with Dizzy Dust. If you want to get OTB, then go Jamaican Jerk on it!! But, it gonna be straight up spicy - Rah-stah, mon! 

• Like 2