MacKenzie

Spring Bacon

Their jerk seasoning isn't as hot as what I use, but it does have some kick. Do a taste test out of the jar before seasoning any proteins with it to see how it rates on your personal "spicy" scale. My scale is much higher than most folks, so just sayin'. 

More "heads up" if you don't like hot/spicy - both IPA and Swamp Venom definitely have a kick. I've only used the Peruvian-ish once, but it's supposed to have aji pepper in it, so it might be a tad hot, too. The Bayou-ish has a great Cajun flavor - spicy, but not necessarily hot. Makes a nice blackened pork chop or chicken breast! And, the Bombay is straight up curry. Good on lots of proteins, especially lamb and shrimp. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bruce Pearson said:

I might try the dizzy dust on the first one

I love your pyramid of rubs Bruce.  As someone else said, you don't do things by halves!

I got the dizzy dust too, coarse.  Will try it soon and we can compare notes.  We've got friends coming for dinner tonight and I have sort of set my heart on trying out some Turkish recipes.  Not sure that I can sell a Dizzy Pig rub as being authentically Turkish!

• Like 2

Tekobo I’m going to grill that pork today and try the dizzy dust. I opened it yesterday tried a little taste it’s really good! Now I just have to figure out what else to cook with it. I think I’ll make some  cauliflower steaks maybe use some of the dizzy pig curry rub. Pictures to follow. Everybody have a great weekend!!

• Like 3

I saw a recipe on the Anova web site this morning that looked interesting - sous vide egg bites. :)

https://anovaculinary.com/easy-homemade-sous-vide-egg-bites/

I used eggs, some yogurt, pimentos, pepper and cheddar cheese to  make 3 egg bites in three 4oz Mason jars.  SVed at 172F for 60 mins.

The bacon pieces are ends from the last smoking bacon cook.

5ad36592b872a_BreakfastWithSVEgg.thumb.jpg.ccae8fa1452d1b20bcb0565579c59d8e.jpg

The yellow on top of the egg is Tony's hot sauce.:) 

5ad3659c945ff_SVEggBites.thumb.jpg.2ca41ea5ffdcbc759fba0ff5a8995909.jpg

Nice smooth texture-

5ad365984a997_SVEggBiteTexture.thumb.jpg.84e22d7b1639b001e334f193ca8f9506.jpg

• Like 1