MacKenzie

Lekue Bread Baker

I saw this and curiosity got the best of me. My intuition said this is just a gimic for someone who doesn't bake bread. I just couldn't let it go and had to try it out. First don't believe the recipes that come with it or those on the web, the translation is bizarre. I started this loaf of rye bread only to find out an hour and a half later no that was not supposed to be baking powder it was supposed to be yeast. Since my motto is never give up, I kept going and going just like the EverReady battery, expecting the worst but hoping for the best.

Every thing is done in this silicone container, it opens to a bowl and the bread is baked in it too.

Lekue.thumb.jpg.cacc546dcb23bae1478068dfd2652360.jpg

5acfffc697515_LekueRyeBread.thumb.jpg.cdd81ef84d881beabcf5d2239d729c30.jpg

5acfffcf8ae6e_RyeBreadBaked.thumb.jpg.61004e804aaff80388ce64e2dd8d9689.jpg

I put the loaf in to brown for another 10 mins. Those are rye berries that I flaked for the  topping.

5acfffd9c8686_RyeBread.thumb.jpg.87c2e51e9d482c2d29af7a1e847b7d61.jpg

5acfffd5a9747_RyeBreadCrumb.thumb.jpg.18b022bb3c52a546c3fe619302b42547.jpg

What a pleasant surprise, guess I need to write up the correct recipe so I can reproduce it. Where is the pastrami?

• Like 7

I'm on my PC, so at the top of the box where you type your messages, you'll see a menu bar for things like changing the font style (Bold, Italics, etc.) One of the buttons has a smiley face emoji on it. You hit that and it opens the menu with the emojis. You'll see a short list of them. But, there's a "Categories" down arrow in the top right corner. Hit the down arrow to open the entire collection. 

Others will have to guide you if you're using TapaTalk on your smart phone, as I don't post here that way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1