alimac23

New KK decision made

Hey all, as a few of you would know, I’ve been waiting to purchase a KK for a couple of years now, well the exiting time is nearly here and I was always set on a 23 ultimate.

Taking to the wife today about the purchase and we were originally planning on getting a 23 ultimate and a pizza oven, but we’ve now decided to ditch the oven and just get a 32 big bad instead :)

I’m 8 weeks away from being able to pull the trigger, I cannot wait already for the day it arrives in Perth!!

A question for Dennis, I really like the dark terra blue tile but can only see two on the web store at present, do you have more in stock that you can send pictures of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

First, excellent choice. I have both the 23 and the 32, and can tell you the 32 is the better of the two. You chose wisely. It is the cure for buyer’s remorse.

Second, I’m not Dennis (sorry!), but he often has more available than posted online. Call or email him directly and you’ll get them sent right to your inbox. 

Thanks pequod, I’ve been trying to convince myself that I’ll be happy with the 23 for a while but there was always a little voice saying go the 32.

I’m part of a bbq team and the guys are all keen to come over and do lots of cooks on the new KK so the extra space will be very useful!

Just sent Dennis a WhatsApp message. I really like the lighter terra blue tile that is on one of the 23” KK’s

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alimac23 said:

Taking to the wife today about the purchase and we were originally planning on getting a 23 ultimate and a pizza oven, but we’ve now decided to ditch the oven and just get a 32 big bad instead :)

Tee hee.  it is always a great feeling when you finally settle on the solution that is best for you.  Looking forward to seeing your purchase when it arrives.  If you don't get hold of Dennis via WhatsApp, do what I do: lurk on the KK website and send him a chat request or ring him when the chat app says he is online. Usually sometime between 5pm to 9:30pm UK time.  

You're...ummm...online looking for advice on a grill whilst on your honeymoon? :shock:

Okay, well as long as you're here, I missed the part about Perth above. The grills posted online are "forward deployed" in a warehouse in Los Angeles. Your grill is most likely to come straight from Indonesia, in which case you definitely need to get your options straight from Dennis.

You're...ummm...online looking for advice on a grill whilst on your honeymoon? :shock:

Okay, well as long as you're here, I missed the part about Perth above. The grills posted online are "forward deployed" in a warehouse in Los Angeles. Your grill is most likely to come straight from Indonesia, in which case you definitely need to get your options straight from Dennis.

Haha the wife is in the spa getting a massage and I’m sitting at the bar with a beer, only place there is wifi on the island, so thought I’d come and do a bit of pre-sale “work”

All good, I’ve messaged Dennis and will hopefully hear back from him shortly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pequod said:

alimac23 is going to fit in well with this group!!!!!! :smt023

My 2 cents..........................The 32 was a great choice!!!!

Enjoy the honeymoon!

22 hours ago, alimac23 said:

Thanks tekobo, no rush at all for comms back from Dennis as my wife and I are in the Maldives on our honeymoon :)

Absolutely stunning place!!!

A honeymoon sounds like the ideal time to maximise your KK buying potential! Congratulations on both counts.  

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:22 AM, alimac23 said:

Thanks tekobo, no rush at all for comms back from Dennis as my wife and I are in the Maldives on our honeymoon :)

Absolutely stunning place!!!

@alimac23 I can just see it now. 15 years down the road and the wife will say, "Do you know what today is?" and you'll reply, of course...It's the day we decided what KK to purchase!!

On a side note, today is the wife and my 30th anniversary. Been together so long we're starting to look like each other...her mustache is phenomenal!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

[mention=2427]alimac23[/mention] I can just see it now. 15 years down the road and the wife will say, "Do you know what today is?" and you'll reply, of course...It's the day we decided what KK to purchase!!

On a side note, today is the wife and my 30th anniversary. Been together so long we're starting to look like each other...her mustache is phenomenal!

Haha the joys of marriage hey!

Happy 30th anniversary, that’s a great achievement!

Couple of Maldives pics for you all, we decided to upgrade to the over water villas for the last two nights, absolutely stunning!

7d40aa3359cc54589feb0997e5aae3f1.jpg

55a36ddde3a80a8341ce89b465a750d4.jpg

045a12304b4547fc3bb1663190ca0b04.jpg

• Like 7