TheNomad

First Cook On Terra Blue 23”

Morning everyone. Reporting in on first cook. Made a homemade rub for the spare ribs I’ll be doing today for a small crowd (no pressure). Used the left over rub to season these beautiful loin chops. 

Ingredients: brown sugar, salt, black pepper, celery seed, fennel seed, sweet paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, cinnamon,mustard powder. 

I sprinkled a very light amount of salt, pepper, and garlic powder before rubbing on some mustard followed by the bbq rub. 

Had a bell pepper. Instead of roasting it I decided to STUFF IT. had some goat cheese laying around so I diced some tomatoes, onions, crumbled the cheese. Splashed a little olive oil in there with oregano, salt and pepper. 

SO DAMN GOOD!

F32A0908-EB24-4724-9F36-B61C0B442370.thumb.jpeg.7adf2a812e958e201f40eae5b0e0c010.jpegBeautiful cut. 

B5EDC0FB-2214-4CC9-A32D-750335ADDD2C.jpeg

7D52869F-DC27-4AD6-BFAB-B8A2DEEC23D3.jpeg

8A2553D4-3619-401C-BD7B-D2A22819E45C.jpeg

7DC71276-09C3-4532-AF6C-A52D12E32F62.jpeg

B1DAFF55-70B8-4429-80DC-037DE10B9499.jpeg

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Bruce Pearson said:

NICE Cook! What temp did you cook it? I’m cooking some pork with shish kabobs any help would be Appreciated. Mac any suggestions? Anybody out there

Hey Bruce, took advantage of the high heat before it stabilized for the ribs and I had it hold the temp at 450. Cooked them on the top grate with the hickory I had I threw in the basket. Perfect temp for 3-5 minutes a side and gets good color and fat rendering. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

Nomad, that cook had to be very tasty. :) :smt023:smt023 Now for the ribs. :-D

It was amazing ma’am.  The stuffed  pepper married SO well with the chops. Just a kiss of hickory did the trick. 

Ribs ETA 4:17PM. 

Edited by TheNomad
Added some words
  • Like 1

Bruce, there ain't no flies on you, just look at those shish Kabobs, and those mushroom, not to mention the chops.:) :coffee2:

It has to be a lack of air, did you stir up the lump to make sure all the ash from the last cook was out of the way and is there a build up of ash from previous cooks? 

You'll just have to have your friend over for a repeat cook to make sure you have the air flow problem solved. :smt046